Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gifPrint up a copy of this for every teenager you know!!! For high school and college graduates, here is a list of 11 things they did not learn in school. In his book, Bill Gates (are we sure about this?) talks about how feel-good, politically correct teachings created a full generation of kids with no concept of reality and how this concept sets them up for failure in the real world. You may want to share this list with someone you know.

RULE 1
Life is not fair; get used to it.

RULE 2
The world won't care about your self-esteem. The world will expect you to accomplish something BEFORE you feel good about yourself.

RULE 3
You will NOT make 40 thousand dollars a year right out of high school. You won't be a vice president with a car with a phone, until you earn it.

RULE 4
If you think your professor is tough, wait till you get a boss. He doesn't have tenure.

RULE 5
Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity. Your grandparents had a different word for burger flipping; they called it opportunity.

RULE 6
If you mess up, it's not your parents' fault, so don't whine about your mistakes, learn from them.

RULE 7
Before you were born, your parents weren't as boring as they are now. They got that way from paying your bills, cleaning your clothes and listening to you talk about how cool you are. So before you save the rain forest from the parasites of your parents' generation, try "delousing" the closet in your own room.

RULE 8
Your school may have done away with winners and losers, but life has not. In some schools they have abolished failing grades; they'll give you as many times as you want to get the right answer. This doesn't bear the slightest resemblance to ANYTHING in real life.

RULE 9
Life is not divided into semesters. You don't get summers off and very few employers are interested in helping you find yourself. Do that on your own time.

RULE 10
Television is NOT real life. In real life people actually have to leave the offee shop and go to jobs.

RULE 11
Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one.

/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gifJust helping out our younger jeep brethern...

Another Jeepgeek!
Jon YJ94

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey keep this list quiet. Some of us in College that know about most of these would like get into the real world and be successful while the others that don't know these things have trouble in the real world. Call it survival of the fittest.

Tim Springer
1980 CJ7
WALSTIB/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tim, you read my mind.

I spent the last 8 years or so in a school system that is trying to emphasize "teamwork" and "group projects" to better prepare students for the real world workplace. It scared the hell outta me! I really hope I don't have to work with co-workers as clueless as my classmates. I always had to bust my balls to get good grades and compensate for the incompetency of others.

And you should have seen the school parking lot. At least 80% of the cars were at most 3 years old. Just picture me rolling in to school in my '77 CJ. I don't think half the kids w/ brand new Wranglers(I'm not even going to get into that!) knew CJ's existed since I live in the rust-belt. These kids have everything provided to them by their CEO parents, and I know they are going to have a rude awakening when mommy and daddy aren't there once they enter the real work environment.

However, I was lucky enough to have very supportive and hard working parents that instilled a strong work-ethic in me.

OK, that's my 2 cents on the "feel-good politically correct" generation that surrounds me.

Rob

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My mom just gave me that same list!

I agree with the above post, survival of the fittist! I am one of the few 150 kids in my graduating class(had 425 freshman year) going to college and I managed to do this while suporting my wheeling habbit, this is while the parking lot is full of cars newer then the one my mom drives! at least no one takes my parking spot sense it is covered in mud!

Jeff
'83 Toyota long bed
5" lift, YJ front springs

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif Don't worry kids....in the dumbed-down, UN controlled sub-democracy that the Klintunoid-Algorinsky's have planned, ACHIEVEMENT WON'T MATTER any more than it did in Russia....that's why the only thing they had in the supermarket to eat two years ago when we sent two people to Russia on a mission was CUCUMBERS! There was, however, a good supply of cucumbers. TAKE A GOOD LOOK at the communist utopia that Hillary Klintun has always wanted for you, where SHE does the thinking and you jst obey./wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif

CJDave
I never believe any statistics unless my moonguys /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif made 'em up themselves.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey CJNUT, not to start a thing with YJ, owners but I would take a CJ over a YJ any day. It's just a classic design.

In response to the first post. I hate to say this but damn, I haven't had a snow day in 12 years and I could use one. Come on, you know you all want one.

'83 CJ7 258 i6 31x10.5 3in. lift? /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Back in highschool when people would ask me what I drove I would say a Jeep CJ7. I got some of the strangest looks from them. They would ask me if it was "like" a wrangler. For some of them I had to explain the WHOLE Jeep legend from WWII to present for them to understand that it was the model previous to the YJ (which they didn't understand either). I guess you just have to own a Jeep to understand them.

Tim Springer
1980 CJ7
WALSTIB/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
First,what does this have to do with Jeeps? Second,I am 16 and own a 94 Suzuki Samurai and I make every payment on it and pay my insurince. I have worked since I was 12. So dont judge every kid because of how the spoiled ones act.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It actually has nothing to do with Jeeps. /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gifJust something fun to read...

I know there are lots of 16 year olds that are more responsible than even our president... but there seem to be more and more kids that AREN'T responsible, and want it for free, so steal or cheat their way in life... /wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif

They really are important life lessons... and are hard ones to learn. But, if you don't like it, you don't have to read it. That's what makes America so great... /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

Another Jeepgeek!
Jon YJ94

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey CJNut, I hate to tell you this, but you'll still have to make up for incompetent people in the real world as well. It will amaze you how dumb and unorganized a lot of people are.

(Lispy voice) But that's ok. It'th not their fault. They are thpecial people too. (lisp off)

The good thing is that if you have the brains you can get ahead. At least until everything gets so socialized that the trash drags us all down.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I tend to have faith that most young people will find out they're being brain-washed and will take the initiative to start doing and thinking for themselves. They'll alson find out they will have to "carry" the weak, brain-washed ones. That's what happened to us isn't it? I remember how dumb my Dad was when I was 16. I wound up leaving home at 17 because he was so dumb. Boy! Did he learn a lot in the next few years.

As time went by, I found myself saying and doing things that remind me so much of him..........could I be getting dumber?

Loose nut behind the wheel
Another right-wing conservative.....
Born and raised in Jeep-Town

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
One more year, then I jump out into the REAL world as well...with 6 years of edukashun and some hefty loans....and now this scary list!!! I thought everything could just end up being an episode of Seinfeld or an A team re-run.

~~TIM~~

CJ-7 10"lift

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.