Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's everyone's opinion of greasable shackles? Are they worth it, if so which is the best for the money? Where's a good place to get them?

Kevin Low
84 CJ7
SE Michigan

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Greasable is the way to go, but is it worth the money? I don't think so since they are almost twice as much? I am in the process
of having my own greasable bolts made by a local machine shop, and am making my own shackles to go along with them. If you
ever plan on having your shackles under water, go with the greasable, the squeak is annoying and the ride suffers.

Big Ed
'88 YJ, 4" susp, 3" body, 33's, 283 Chevy V8, TH350, 4.11's, D30, D35c

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I've seen just the greasable bolts and fluted bushings sold separately without shackles. They were still more money than I'd like to pay but were cheaper than buying new shackles too.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
That's actually a misnomer. It's the bolts & bushings that are greasable, not the shackles. If you've already got decent shackles, you can buy just the bolt & bushing sets from Daystar. I think they're worth it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.