Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah i had to go to store for right size hose clamps- you know the routine!
i hope i didn't alter your design much if at all..
i drilled a hole in the clamp and bolted the rubber gizmo to the clamp with a small fine thread bolt, flat washer, lock washer and nut. then i rotated the whole assembly around on the shock till the brakeline found a comfortable position out of harms way. i like it and thanks again for the design!
grasshopper do good grandfather?

you can't see the rubber gizmo that the brakeline rides in but it be there!

here this one maybe-

i don't know, after looking back at your post, grasshopper may have failed. i might need to bring the clamp down further on the shock to get that play out of the top end and get it further from tire.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
hey sas,
i see your JEEP got new shoes. Could you tell me what size and tread are they they look pretty rugged.

Travis
90 YJ I6 258 4.0 head conversion 4"lift 33's & lots of other goodies

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Grandfather, what the??? I preferr Master H8. Yes, young grassshopper, you have come far. It is after all, the essence of a good design to be simple and addaptable. You have learned well. Now try snatching the pebble from my hand, and see what happens. Hehehe.
Looks good sas

Jeff
89 YJ
Wow, you can get a nice tan on your arms, from welding with no shirt on.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
snatch pebble from the master's hand? must i grandfather?
yeah travis they are goodyear MTR's- 32x11.50's
i could have fit 33's no prob with the 4.5" RE lift but bailed out thinking of the stock axles and french tranny. i know i will be up-grading both later so for now this is the set-up.

·
Registered
13,432 Posts
Hey Sas, H8 is goin' easy on ya... any other monk would want you to:

a. Drive over 200 feet of rice paper spread on the sand without leaving a trace;

"When you can walk the rice paper and leave no trace you will have learned. Master Po, Kung Fu series."

Though Hing Kung is an excercise to develop Lightness of The Body, Jeeps practice Rust to accomplish the same thing. Hing Kung has been practiced in Shaolin Temples in many modified forms and has been passed down to very few. The same can be said for Jeeping! Count yourself to be one of the chosen!

b. Drive over 30 feet of water supported only by 15 floating logs anchored to the bottom.

Just remember what always happens to the Master and what happens to the Pupil... he always gets the girl! So much for being a monk...

It is good to be the Pupil.

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif Somehow......and no one will ever know how.....I MISSED this little-but-vital trick that H8 came up with./wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif It makes all the sense in the world, since the shock has a very predictable range and direction of travel. Grass-ho-pee may have some fine tuning to do on the loops and so forth, but the application is stellar./wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gifOn the WWII Army trucks, 6X6 and 4X4's, they made an upward loop of rubber hose, then on that hose was a clamp, and that clamp had a long spring hooked to it which held the hose away from the tire, yet gave it tons of needed length when that tandem axle bogie got WAYYYYY down there away from the truck frame./wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif

CJDave
Quadra-Tracs modified While-U-Wait by the crack moonguy/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif Quadra-Trac Team./wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thank you old wise men!/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif
grasshoppa go back to fine tune'n and report back later.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts