Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had to tell someone about how great life is today. I was just stressing about how I was gonna pay for my new Scout gas tank and wondering where I was gonna get tires. I was also bummed that I was gonna have to borrow my Jeepster's tires to bring my Scout home. Then, last night, I sold another Warn sticker, and two Dodge Intrepid hubcaps I had sitting around. One went for $60. I also sold some other junk for $30.

Then, when I was driving back from the grocery store today, I saw some almost new 30x9.50's chained to a telephone pole for $150 for all four. Perfect for my tow vehicle/light wheeling Scout.

I got home, called the guy, and went to pick 'em up this evening. So 33's for No Bucks are on hold, but, still, I didn't have to spend $500 on my Scout either.

But it gets better - We're going out back to check out this guy's 400 SB Chebbie powered CJ-5, and I see the firewall/dash of a Jeepster sitting next to the garage. The guy says, "Oh yeah, I took the drivetrain for my flattie and torched up the rusty body. You can have what's left for nothing." /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif It's the complete dash and firewall assembly, cut off at the door openings. I got parts! /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif I love free parts. /wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif And, I'm still gonna be able to pay for my Scout gas tank. Sorry, but life is good. /wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

Joel F.
Marquette, Michigan
Project No-Bucks
'68 Jeepster Commando
'79 Scout Traveler

·
Registered
560 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif GOD works in mysterious ways Joel.

Dan
'67 8701 Deluxe

G

·
Ya know I was just contemplating my good fortune also. The Lord does take care of us. I had been wondering how I was going to pay for some of the mods to the Jeepster. I had also purchased a CJ for the axles and any other parts I could take. I paid $400 for the CJ and was a little worried that I may not make it back. But, to date, I have taken the front fender flares, front bumper, saginaw box, power brakes, seats, and transfer case for the Jeepster. I have also sold $900 in parts from the CJ on Ebay. I even still have a few parts left to sell. This has been a fun project and I am getting a very good education in Jeep/Jeepster.

69 Jeepster Commando 225 V-6, 3 speed, wagon.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
dam. no wonder your name is nobucks!

toad
3-72' commando wagons
72' half-cab
01' f-250 4x4, super cab, longbed, V-10
artic cat 300 4x4
01' kawasaki KLX 300R

1 - 5 of 5 Posts