Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will, yours are on the way, I got the check today. I took all 5 of them off and will take them to Max's house. He is gracious enough to take them to the Melt, and Billy Bob will pick them up, provided no one sees how great they are and throws them on for the weekend.

The pics of mine are attached. The one on the left is the 29" Swamper that Will just bought, the next is the 32" Swamper I just got (I bought 5 of them), and the right is my 33" Swamper I run on the Scrambler.

Yes, the 32's are siped, and a nice job as well, I bet they'll grip like mad.

Just so psyched, I had to post it!

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 5" Calmini, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think they'll be the perfect size, they measure just under 32" tall, wereas the 33's measure over 33" tall.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'88.5 Zuki, 5" Calmini, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is the pic from the side.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine

Attachments

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
hey jeepin, you dont have a good t90/d20 combo layin there do ya? if so, holler at me, i sure can use one.

nice lookin treads man, both of them. might have to use wills tires on my stocker that im bringing to the melt. pomise to not power brake it n ruin the tread!!!!!/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif
BiLLy bOb

Do unto others as you want done to you!
If you pack it in, pack it out!

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I never destroy tires like that, they cost too much. In fact, unless the trail is close, I'm putting these in the back and changing at the trail head, I don't like wearing Swampers out on pavement. For close trails, I'll just run them.

Sorry, no T-90/D20 combo's up here, unless you buy the whole Scout (which is what most people selling them say to you). Why the T-90/D20? The D20 has a centered rear output, not offset like the D18.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
already got t90/d18 combo for a zuk, need the t90/d20 for "boggurai's resurection" if plans keep goin as well as they have up till now. too bad i cant find any old scouts round here like that. only ones round here cant touch for under $500, thats for a stripped thrashed P.O.S..... wont pay that to get a stinkin tranny N tc.
thanks anyways.
BiLLy bOb

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why not run with something different, like the T-150/D20? They had the same crawl ratio and were much stronger. If it's a length thing, look for a T-18/D20 from a Jeep, they came in 4:1 or 6.32:1 first gears. Then the T-176/D300 would be a nice swap, a 4:1 first and 2.62:1 transfer, along with strength. So many options, so little time.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
price n availability, seems like nobody wants to use the ol t90/d20 combo, they all want the stronger stuff. for me, its a size thing, the t90/d20 is a COMPACT lil unit. prolly the cheapest too. do you know how much larger those others are man? i have had willys for years, know the t90/d18 is a """TOUGH""" lil unit. folks are still hookin small blocks to them. $$$$$ helps determine things right now for me too.
BiLLy bOb

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Problem is very few (and I mean few) jeeps came with the T-90/D20, they all had the T-90/D18. The T-150 is Ok, they used them in the CJ-5's, which were similar in length to the Zuk's. The extra 3" wheelbase was due to the straight 6 motors that came in them. They are heavy though. The best source for that setup is the older Scouts. I have a friend that just swapped out his T-90/D20 behind his 225 Buick for a T-18/D20, I can see if he's willing to sell it. The T-18/D20 was about the same length though, pehaps an inch or so longer.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
its the size of the tranny/tc combo that i am concearned with. i just want the smallest i can find. makes things easier, dont have to stretch the wheel base as much then. prolly have to with 38s anyways, but the less, the better. will at least still look like a samurai. would appreciate you checkin on that unit for me. any idea on shipping on it? those monsters are heavy. 37879 zip here.
thanks
BiLLy bOb

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'll call tonight, if I can get it, maybe if you throw Max a few bones ($$$), he'll lug it west for you with the Swampers. He's a generous guy, but I don't know if he's that generous and I don't want to speak for him.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
no $$$$ to throw anywhere right now jeepn, had to give my loan shark 2 glocks n a s&w for the loan to go to lousiana for the zuk parts im gettin next weekend, but hes coool, got 8 months to pay it back, plus interest. need to finish payin bills first, but also tryin to locate parts in the process. do yall need any southern rust free goodies i might be able to bring to zukimelt??? might have a body on display/for sale at the melt. body only though, runnin stocker now, but if a buddy dont want it, its for sale, should konw something in a few days for sure.
BiLLy bOb

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
looks like zukinut has one locally. might still be interested if the price is right though. hard to tell with me.
BiLLy bOb

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.