Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally found some Chevy knuckles for my steering conversion today. They should work good. I need some help with two things. Taking the Chevy steering arm off(without damaging the studs), and getting the balljoints out. I got the 3 nuts off of the steering arm, but repeating beatings with a big rubber mallet failed to knock it loose. I would of used a metal one, but I didn't feel like getting ear protection because of the loud CLANGING of the hammer, and I didn't want to damage anything without consulting here first. As for the balljoints, I got the snapring out of both lower balljoints, but after that, I'm lost. Which way do they come out? Any tips? Someone said for putting balljoints in you should put the balljoints in the freezer and the knuckles in the oven. Would putting the knuckles in the freezer make the balljoints come out easier? Thanks a bunch and sorry for the long post.

/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gifEat, Sleep, JEEP/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif
"James and the Giant Jeep"
1993 Wrangler 4.0/5spd, Herculined Interior, D44 w/Detroits and 4.56 soon to go in SOA

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any other suggestions? Do I really need a balljoint press?

/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gifEat, Sleep, JEEP/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif
"James and the Giant Jeep"
1993 Wrangler 4.0/5spd, Herculined Interior, D44 w/Detroits and 4.56 soon to go in SOA

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.