Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recieved a bonus for all of my hard work. Now it is time to spend some of it on my Jeep TJ. I have been drooling over a set of MT/R's in the 35 inch range with a set of American Racing Baja rims. I need to have at least another inch of lift to accomodate them though. I would also like to get a Warn HS9500I with a Tomken mounting plate. The question that I have is should I go with the Goodyear's and the added lift or should I go with the winch, added lift, and other goodies. I can not have both (my wife won't let me. What would you do? Rick

'98 TJ Sport, 31" BFG's (for now), Tera 3", No-Slip in the Dana 44...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The tires are nice to have and will look good, but if you do a lot of off road driving, go with the winch. It will take you thru places where your tires will fail. That was one of my first choices and I've never regretted it.

DrummondCJ

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I'd go with the winch. Tires come & go, and even Jeeps come & go & you can have that winch for a long long time. Check out ebay, there is a guy selling brand new HS9500i's on there all the time for pretty cheap.

But if you go the tire route, I'd recommend tirerack.com $156 a tire (cost me an additional $8 a tire for shipping) for the MT/R 35". Anyway, thats a big jump from 31's to 35's too, why not consider 33"'s your front axle would hold up a lot better :)

-Mel

http://www.in2jeeps.com

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
I would definetally say a winch, if you get 35's then you would probably need to re-gear, swap in a new front axle, get a heavy duty tire carrier, maybe extended flares and for lift you would probably need at least 5"'s or more so that would probably be best w/ a 1-2" body and 1-2" spacer, also I'm guess that would require you get an sye. Go with the winch and then slowly build the jeep to be capable of handling 35's, slow enough that the wife doesn't even know it if it has to be. Maybe aim for the 35's once the 31's are bald, I know I probably won't lift my TJ till my set of almost knew 30" bfg ko's are almost bald unless i swap in 6 bolt waggy axles.
BarrelRoll

97 TJ 30" ko's stock but not for long

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.