Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I just made a run and found some stuff some people had asked for, and I think I'll be making another run soon.

Found
V-8 EFI cold air intake for PM me about it. If you asked me to look for something & I've forgotten about it, PM me or post it here - I have a TERRIBLE memory.
If you're looking for something & can't find it locally, post it & I'll look around here.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Re: Got Junk?

Steve, if you find a RABS valve for a 89-91 let me know.I think this is the source of my antilock troubles.That would be the valve on the drivers frame rail inline between the master cylinder and the rear brakes.

Thanks,
Billy

G

·
Re: Got Junk?

I'm always in search for a frame. Good condition, but doesn't have to be 100%. Just so that someone can fix it without any major problems or back breaking. And body pannels. I always am looking for body pannels. Engines aren't too bad either!
If you find anything let me know, however I am in Wisconsin. Oh well. It's all good!

·
Registered
672 Posts
Re: Frame, body, & engine

I think the only differences in my bronc and a 95 EB bronco is the two tone paint/shell, and the overhead console (yeah and the monogramed seats, but don't care bout that). I was figuring one on of these days going to a salvage yard and lookin for the overhead console. Since you said you were probably gonna make another trip....Could you check it out for me, if at all possible? PLLLLEEEEAAAASSSSEEE!!!!
If you don't get around to it, no hard feelin's.

BTW, does anyone know about the wiring for the o.h. console? will I have to splice wires for power, or does it have to have some additional computer parts (for the compass)? Thanks in advance!!!!

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
Re: Frame, body, & engine

Steve, do you have a knuckle/spindle/hub/rotor/inner locknut that i could have? i totally thrashed my front left bearings to the point that uhh there werent any bearings in there when i took it apart
my ABS spindles have 5 studs, but my only spares have 6 studs, so i was hoping you could just pull yours apart at the balljoints and send me everything from there out (minus the lockout)
pretty please! i priced a spindle awhile back at the Dealer for $260 so that ain't gonna happen. my rotor is toast from the bearings riding funny, along with the hub, so by the time i replaced all that with new stuff i'd be in the poor house. you got anything to patch this up? if i'm going to spend much at all, i'll just not do it and go find me a d44hd and swap up to an 8 lug leaf sprung solid axle
i'm headed out to florida for a week come saturday, so if you have what i need but need time to pull the stuff, you've got it. lemme know in a PM

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Mr. Lucky's Back!!!

Steve how much for the compass mirror (I was not the one asking for it, but hey, first come first serve)?

Also, I will post a pic of the final results on the third brake light mouting out back (Jeep style!). this would be the light you sent me a couple months ago. Finally got around to this once I got the soft top on.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I've been looking for a compass mirror too. All I have found out here are from Cadillacs, and they have no internal brain.

Also need a transmission oil pan ('96 351W E4OD). I brazed in my drain plug nut a little crooked and it seeps fluid. that's my only source of leakage now that I replaced the missing oil pan bolts
. I could probably heat that trans pan up and straighten it out...hmmm...

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Console

This truck's console & wiring were stolen (with the rest of the interior!
), but I've seen plenty of overhead consoles that look REALLY similar to the one in a '95EB at the next office. I'd guess you could add one with almost no effort. I know all the compass brains are internal to the console, but some of the deluxe ones display fuel economy & range, which MUST be computed & sensed externally. Anyway, the point is, you should be able to find one if there are some decent yards near you. I'll look around here, too, & see what I can learn.

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Spindle

I put the WHOLE '96 TTB into my truck, so I can't let you have anything off it!
I'll try to find some time to pull the '83 axle apart (to get my MM hubs & lifetime tie rods!) and see what those spindles look like.

I thought ALL the D44's (regular and HD) had 5 lugs. I know the D50IFS TTB has 8 & I know where I can get one cheap!
...because it's almost certainly bent.
But a little TLC with a vise & a blowtorch should convince it to cooperate!

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
Re: E4OD pan

one of what? d44hd? i dont want parts off your new axle, the old one! i kinda figured you were using the new ones
as i recall, these 6-stud spindles came off a 92 ext cab w/o ABS. if your truck was good enough to drive, the spindles/hubs are good enough for me. any way it goes, i would like to have a solid axle under there by summer's end. i dont think swapping in a leaf sprung axle will be too involved, so i actually prefer to go ahead and do that instead of fixing this one... it's in pretty [censored]*y shape overall. until my dad's old truck sells, i have one i can drive around so i can afford some downtime right now. does anybody happen to know where those old d44hd perches line up on a TTB frame? i'm sure i can figure out some way to mount the hangers if i can get them off a ~78 f250 or whatever else those axles came under. Steve, lemme know what you figure out.

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: E4OD pan

Got it today. I have a job site just around the corner, so I went there. They're working that pit again, so there were a few people watching as I zipped up the hill, wrapped the winch cable over it, flipped it onto its back, & hopped out with the cordless drill & SNAGGED IT ! ! !
The bottom's a little smushed, but I'll finesse it back into shape.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.