Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my body is stress cracking real bad in the last two days on my bronco. plus the tailgate is shot and the back window busted. the drivetain is awesome and a trophy getter. also i have a 4runner that has a bad tranny. how evil and bastardly would it be to put my nice 4runner body on a bad [censored] running gear??? opinions anyone on feasibility and political corredtness?

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think it's a great idea. Forget pc, if that's what you wanna do, great, and it'll work great on the trails.

There's gonna be a lot of issues, first off getting the motor, tranny and t-case to properly interface w/the new body. Then you'll need to get the t-case shifter thru the floor, ditto for a manual tranny. If auto tranny I'd use a B&M type unit and shift w/a cable if at all possible. Then there's pedals, master cylinder etc, steering and of course wiring for gauges. Plan to move the body mounts on the Bronco frame, and you'll probably want to bob at least the rear so you don't have framerails sticking out the back.

Certainly a feasible project, but only something I'd conquer in a nice shop during the off-season. My .02

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
that sounds funny as hell but i think it'd be a nice mud toy and probably trail runner if you can keep the body from falling off

1 - 3 of 3 Posts