Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Yep, just stick it back in there and push and turn the lock coller down on it and it should be just fine. Sine it is out may be a good time to install a new shifter sheet.
Tim

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Tim there is one thing that is scaring me right about now.....I cant find a fracking shifter sheet?!?!? just this spring and lock combonation maybe it popped out or sumthin I am just gonna look a lil closer at it!

G

·
Billy, congrats on getting a t-case, makes you one step closer to not being a showboat anymore....the Shifter Sheet is a round doughnut looking thing inside the hole. If there is not one get one...btw if there is not one when you insert the shifter it will just flop around like a fish.

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I thought the shifter sheet was on the shifter ain't it? Nope it goes right in the hole where the shifter goes. Kinda funny huh? that little plastic thing scewin everything up

·
Registered
467 Posts
The sheet is actually down in the hole that the shifter fits down inside. It is that litlle green dougnut shaped bushing. I was able to just reach down inside the hole with my finger and pry it out.
Tim

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I really did not look in the hole but it dont seem to flop around like a fish to much oh and by the way I got everything on the new zuk I bought for the guy who was congratng me the new zuk for the new project but as for now I am makin my yellow submarine 4wd and tom I will finish it completely and go test it

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
If you only see shiny metal at the bottom of the shifter hole then the seat is missing. If you see anything other than shiny metal it is probably what is left of the shifter seat. As long as it shifts in and out of 4wd it will be ok for now, but carry a BIG screwdriver to unhang it until you get it replaced.

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
you might want to get what's left of it out before it becomes part of the inside of the t-case. probably not too good for the gears to have that floating around....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.