Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does any one have a good recomdation for a good but not real expensive set of 31x10.5x15 tires? i'm looking for something that will last me a while and not fall apart on me.thanx

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mich LTX A/T are a great all around tire around $140 each installed at Sam's Club. Highest of all mileage (I have a set of 235's that still have 50% tread after 50k miles), low road noise, great ride, great wet/dry/snow traction and decent off road performance. If you do rocks, not mud, BFG A/T KO's have 3 ply sidewalls, low road noise, great wet/dry/snow road manners and although I have not yet tried them, several mag reviews report they are very good on slick rock. They have a nice heavy ridge which offers pretty good wheel protection to boot. They are also $140 each installed at Sam's. BFG has a nice mud tire as well, however, mag reviews did not rate them very well for wet/snow road conditions or slick rock because of their lack of siping.
Although I am not a Goodyear fan, alot of folks here in MD run MTR's on the SWB's in rock and say they are a good tire on road and off.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A friend bought a set of tires from PEP Boys they were Futura I believe they were pretty inexpensive and lasted pretty well. It was a while back so I can't remember what they cost but you could just give them a call.

·
Registered
471 Posts
What kind of conditions are you going to be using them in, mud, snow, rocks, wet/dry pavement? I don't know where you live as to your weather conditions. If you're looking for a mud tire, America's Tire (Tire Rack) Quoted me $115 per tire mounted and balanced with lifetime road hazard (including off hwy sidewall punctures) for the Kumo Venture M/T. If you are looking for a good A/T tire, I've had good luck with the Perelli Scorpion A/T. All four M&B, same warranty, for about $450. They did realy well in snow and wet pavement, never tried them in mud.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it will be mostly pavement, very rarely snow, mud and rocks. most of the usual. i had found a tire cald Liberator A/T. have heard anything about them... wondering if any one has?

·
Registered
227 Posts
I dont really off road, but I town and I do have snow and rain.
I have Liberator A/T, load class C, truck tires from Walmart that were on sale last week for $65, and the first pair have lasted me many miles with fine traction, no noise.
I got class C since I do tend to get a load or a tow occassioanly, and the cost wasnt much different from SUV.
I went to get a rebalance on the rears about a year after I go that pair, and found them on sale so I got the fronts replaced since the unmatched tires were due anyhow. I got the $10 protection plan because I do drive more than 40 miles each way to and from work. The rebalance was to stop from shaking my fillings out.

I pulled a car hauler trailer with over 100 bails of hay last week through some deep snow at a crawl for control, and had no trouble, even out back turning around.

I am happy with them. I am in Wisconsin, so I cant guess the prices everywhere.

Steve

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.