Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you fortunate enough to get the Outdoor Channel, they have a new series, Rick Russell's Backcountry 4x4 Adventures. It's on this Wednesday, 10:30 p.m. E.T. Nice to have something like this back on TV since Four Wheeler TV went bust.

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif I don't really know firsthand, but they claim that armchair off-roading saves a lot of dents and scratches./wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif That's one nice thing about the Jeeping that we do,...it's all snow. We may have to shovel ourselves out now and then if we get real crazy and drive someplace just to show off, but it doesn't beat up on the rocker panels./wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif Speaking of snow....I better get with it and finish up this SNOJEEP that we have been building for a year now!/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gifGotta get my moonguy team/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gifcranked up and get that welding done!/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

CJDave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've watched this show for the past few weeks, and must say that I've seen them do some pretty stupid and irresponsible things on it. Two weeks ago they used a winch to drag a big rock in front of a ledge that they were trying to get up. The commentator said something like, "Rather than break more vehicles, we decided to move some rocks around and make the trail easier for people in the future." They did not show them putting the rock back, or say if they had removed it. Kinda like those guys that blew up those class 4 rapids in SoCal a few years back because it was "too hard".

Then last week, the show had a segment that showed a Jeep running through a meadow type area. He must have run over at least half a dozen saplings before the scene cut.

Seems to me that this show could serve to give the greenies more ammo than anything.

Not to mention that it's usually 10 minutes of action and 20 min. of commercials.

Marc
Contagious Racing

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.