Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '89 S10 Blazer 4x4 and I am getting about 16-17 miles/gallon in town and about 17-18 on the highway! My dad has just sold a '94 Blazer 2wd that didn't got about 14 miles/gallon in town and 15-16 on the highway. My Blazer is all stock as far as I can tell.
I was just wondering if this is what other people were getting, and if it is good or bad?
Thanks

"*******" on the internet

·
Registered
6,517 Posts
I'm getting (estimated) between 14 and 20. I haven't taken the time (or remembered) to get it any more accurate than that. I have a carbuerated S15 that is currently running a touch rich (too lazy to lean it back out).
It also depends on how heavy your right foot is, and how far the go-pedal typically travels (just a little or take a trip to the firewall).

Tim
ORC Land Use columnist
My November article on ORC

http://www.off-road.com/land

G

·
I drive an 91 S10 Blazer 4x4 and get an average mpg of 18-20. I drive about 24 miles each way to work and it's both highway and city driving.

1991 S10 Blazer Tahoe 4x4. Edelbrook Headers, Holley 670cfm TBI, K/N filter charger, 30-9.5-15 tires.

G

·
I was averaging around 17 mpg before I installed the Holley TBI and the Hypertech (Thermomaster) Chip.

Now, I average around 23 mpg, but I have to use premium gas.

Al /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

'87 Jimmy 4X4 2.8L /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

G

·
WOW!!! I used to get those great gas milages. Not anymore!! I'm lucky to get 200 miles out of a ful tank.I drive
64 miles to and from work and its just about half a tank each way. It usualy leaves me with a quarter tank left
by the time I get home.Thats why I only drive it to work maybe once a month.

LIL ZILLA SAYS HAPPY TRAILS!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.