Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the killer deal !!!! , I was talking to a coworker yesterday about a winch that is for sell in our local paper. Told him it was a 8472 for 375 bucks, He says "lets go for ride in your jeep, I want to show you something". We went to one of the job site sheds and there, laying ground was a complete front step bumper with winch mount and Warn MX6000 winch. He took it off his 1 ton chevy because it was to small. I asked him how much he wanted for it and He said " how about a case of Mt. Dew". So basicly I scored a decent winch for about 7 bucks!!!! The D shackle that was on the end of the cable cost more then that!!!! I'm going to mount this winch on my back bumper and maybe cut down the step bumper and use it on the front.

Wayne @ Big Island RockCrawlers
"PYRO" The Rock Crawler
Web Site: http://www.members.tripod.com/surfmac/Index.html

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Damn you all to hell.

Why is it everyone BUT me gets all the good luck.

You can't steal a winch for that price.

Do you think insurance will cover the carb if it some how "teleports" behind the tires of a 350 with dualies?

G

·
I know, to pull you backwards outta sticky situations, but whats wrong with the winch to put it up front?

It can't be done? HA, they MUST be crazy...

·
Registered
393 Posts
Geeeezzzzzz!!! I just paid 200 for an M6000. Granted it was complete and had a roller, but you paid less than that and got and 8274 to boot?! Must be nice!
TJ

G

·
it seems like some people get all of the luck, and then there are those of us who get none. congradulations on a killer score!

89 yj, under construction!
it's not what you buy, it's what you build!

G

·
sounds like a sweet deal to me. i just got an old m8274 and i now have my old ramsey re8000 as an extra. i just can't see mounting that big pos to the back. it is just too big. i think i'll mount it to my trailer.

brian wilson
80 cj5 "high 5"
stretched to 100" wb
vortec350/4L80E/d300/d60fr/14br/detroits/4.56/38's

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
This is the only better deal I have seen. A jeepin bud of mine was driving down the road one day when he spots a Warn box laying on the side of the road. No way he thinks, but turns around to check it out anyway. Brand new Warn 8000 winch in a box that has never been open! No one ever places an ad for it so after a month or so he puts it on his jeep. Wow, talk about lucky!!!

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Maybe it "fell off the truck"....

'83 CJ-7 nothing original but the tub and axle tubes

G

·
Just got my warn 8000 with roller fairlead and mounting plate for 475 brand new never out of the box. I thought it was a pretty good deal....

'85 Scrambler

1 - 13 of 13 Posts