Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally going to get to test my welded adapter and twinstick setup on the 205. If anyone is interested there is about 5 of us going (this Saturday Feb 2).

GreenMachine

·
Registered
5,512 Posts
Sure, rub my nose in it! /wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif Glad it's all gone back together. I'm scoping a rebuilt motor for the summertime frolics right now. Hopefully it'll go through and I'll save about $20 a week in oil /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif.
Do me a favor and find out the details (die and tube sizes) on that pipe bender your buds used to bend up that exo-cage (green D50).

Caver Dave
'72 Commando
Oo=====oO

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dave he used a cheap Harbour Freight one that was modified (the dies are cast and he had the guy who could weld concrete to a billy goats a$$ weld flat steel around the edges). The extra metal somehow kept it from folding or kinking the tube on the pipe bender. I will have to check on the die size. They bought a bunch of scrap some where and used it because it was what they had. I believe it is either 1.5" or 1.75" OD and close to schedule 40 but I will check. Another buddy of mine got a JD2 bender for christmas and he is a grad student and has a apartment. I am trying to convince him to leave it over here since he works on everything here anyways ;)

Hope you find a motor I haven't run across one that sounded good (all have needed rebuilds).

GreenMachine

G

·
man, i wish i could go! i'm in school about 45 mins. away from Tellico but my Jeep is at home in raleigh /wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif. don't ask why, there are too many problems to list. anyway, have fun and post pics of it!

Jon
'95 YJ - '86 Rollbar - 32x11.50 - 4 banger!
Make things as simple as possible, but not simpler!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.