Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats the consensus on glass tubs? 4wdhardware? aj? aj better not make their tubs like they do their tops.. the metal body i have now is rusting in spots some are getting fairly bad, but would it be better to do a body off restoration than go to glass. how come you cant use daystars body lift with a glass tub? thanks for the advise. matt

keepin' it real

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: glass tub rocommendations?

4WD Hardware makes a great tub, and I believe there is a body lift built in, correct me if I'm wrong. Fifteen years ago I swapped a tub on to a 77 CJ7 frame, and used hockey pucks to replace the worn out factory body mounts. The tub is still in great shape, after a lot of abuse, and the hockey pucks are too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a fiberglass body with the 1 piece forward flip up front end. its great to take it off to work on the engine, but you can't mount anything to the body under the hood or put a snorkel on which i want to do

·
Registered
534 Posts
I have a 4wd hardware body on my CJ. I was hit head on by a drunk driver and the left fender was the only thing completely
trashed...there is also a seperation of the caulk that they use along the firewall/floorboard seem. I am very impressed with their
body's and I would definitley buy another one! Check out my webpage for some pictures of the actual swap.

http://members.aol.com/fastflyn31/page1.html

alec

1 - 5 of 5 Posts