Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting an rc soon, and want something that has enough power to dig into the ground, tear out grass, etc, etc. Basically if I set it loose in the backyard I wanna tear the grass out and leave some ruts lol. I'm just looking to have a little fun when I'm not wheeling the yukon.

point me in the right direction

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my cuz has a e-max and a t-max there both tuff...i like the e-max cuz it more reliable..the e-max is the same thing but electric

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Go for a T-Maxx, I have the first type which didnt have enough power, so I converted it to a .21 engine. The new engine is supposed to be much stronger, allthough, I have not run one yet. Either way - the handling is great for bashing around or racing at a track. With a little work and tuning, it can handle huge jumps and some pretty bad crashes and keep going.
With the .21 engine you will also get wheelies on demand if you want -
Check It Out!

· Registered
4,738 Posts
I went with the Associated MGT 4.60. its got a .28 engine in it which delivers plenty of power. I am very happy with the power and rediculously strong nature of it. It is very rare that parts break. my only regret is that my buddies have traxxas vehicles and the EZstart system. if i was going to do it over again, i might get a traxxas for that reason. I always drill start mine, but it does have a pull start as well. its just handy to carry the EZstart thing and a drill is less convenient

· Registered
391 Posts
I have two kyosho infernos. One is an mp6 and the other is a tr15. Both are fun and I keep up with the traxxas guys with both. Although I have trouble keeping up with the Jato /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if you wanna race cheap i'd go with an ofna dominator, i bought one instead of a t-maxx. that was the best decision i ever made. the only thing i've broken on that thing was the front skid plate, and the aluminum center mount for the chassis stiffeners, dogbones and i blew out my rear diff. it's got a hyper 21 that puts out more than enough power to be competative.

if you want a pretty show truck with plenty of shiny hopups go with one of the popular trucks all over the mags

p.s. the only reason the chassis stiffener mount broke was because of too many 11 foot jumps, backflips and bottom out landings

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.