Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GET THE D.U.I. I HAVE ONE IT\'S GREAT!!!!

Hay bros I live in the memphis area and just put the DUI in my cj it's a snap and worth the dernaro. just do it .. jeep hard or go home...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: GET THE D.U.I. I HAVE ONE IT\'S GREAT!!!!

Good to hear. You are not talking about an AMC V8 are you? If it is for an AMC is there anyway you can scan some pics for us?

By the way, after reading a thread here last night and seeing your name it made me start craving tacos. Ran up to taco bell and got some...well, damn things got me sick! You should change your name to something healthy like Rice & Chicken Ed.

Regards,

Larry 85CJ7, 350TBI ,T19 4spd

·
Registered
6,394 Posts

/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif Larry, Taco Ed has the only real taco license in Dixie. Everyone else must eat grits. It is my understnding that Taco Ed does have the V8 DUI. You know, Larry, if you didn't spend so much time going out to eat, number one you wouldn't be sick; and number two, your Jeep would be driveable already. /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

dui sounds good, i just swapped in a 76 401 (prestolite dist) to my 85 cj-7 and was wondering if i would need anything else to make the dui work--- control boxes etc. thanks for any info

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

OK what the Hell is a D.U.I.?
Over here that's Driving Under the Influence :)

Cheers
Wooders

·
Registered
2,076 Posts

Wooders .....I'm glad you asked .........In PA it means a weekend in jail ...... If I was Davis ......I might have chosen a different name for it.

GeeAea

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

That's it? A weekend in Jail? Here in CA you can get your licence revoked for a year and your car impounded on the first offence! Plus a fine and some jailtime if you hurt anything.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts

That's a weekend in jail and at least a $1000 in related costs. The "costs" are for the "counselling" that one must take.......the higher your blood acohol level .....the more counselling you need .......I had an ex-foster son ......he got caught with a level of .28 ......which is almost death. The legal rational is that those who have "tollerance" to the substance (the physical ability to actually get behind the wheel at those levels) .........have an addictive physiology .....and hence more counselling. I'm lucky......I don't drink regularly at all.....but I'll "enjoy" myself at on New Years Eve ......at the local bar that's walking distance from home.

GeeAea

·
Registered
6,394 Posts

/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif i THINK the term "Unified" means that I doesn't use any ancillary equipment boxes with wires, plugs, and so forth to go to the distributor and back. That is a real worry to me, especially when so many Jeepers cary a spare....it they are so darn good, why the spare (referring to the motocraft setup) And....as far as I am concerned, the same goes for any split system like MSD has....why take the risk. When the democrats win the next election and dirtbag-the-second declares SUVs illegal and orders them hunted down, wouldn't it be nice to just hop the fence and grab distributor parts off an old GM so you can keep your Jeep running and stay ahead of the UN black helicopters and Hummers? In the coming years it will be a big advantage to have garden-variety parts on your SUV so you won't be dependent upon anybody selling you one and them becoming a felon for doing so. Hey, just remember that you heard it here first./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Hey I'm inthe DUI capital of PA State College! I got pulled over in a high crosswind in my cj and was doing sobrity test on 322! I hadn't drank anything in 2 days (which is an awful long time for me). To CJdave I'm getting a DUI for my 304 next week you had a very good point about the MSD, I though the MSD was great after I helped set one up in my friends mustang 5.0, however I never really considered it in terms of being out in the boonies.

-MarkyMark
80 CJ-7 Laredo 304v8 TF999 3.73's BFG M/T's

·
Registered
6,394 Posts

/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif Attaway, Markey.....That is a decision that will prove even wiser as time goes by and you are one of only twelve Jeeps left in the US and the dirtbag's UN lackeys are trying to hunt you down. You can ALWAYS get parts from a sympathetic rebel who has a disabled GM vehicle and is willing to help you stay on the run./wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif Besides, the GM HEI has an impressive record for reliability./wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif One thought.....remember that the HEI used TWELVE VOLTS, not the reduced voltage you have now. Remember how the long..what is it? 18 Ga. wire?...that feeds the coil in a CJ REDUCES the voltage by the wire size/amperage/length that was engineered into it. In case the instructions don't show it, you DO have to bring a true twelve volts to the HEI./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

I'm going to get a new coil (mine is pretty rust and 20 years old) when I install the HEI so I can rewire the coil hook up then. You're right the wires to the coil do look miniscule

-MarkyMark
80 CJ-7 Laredo 304v8 TF999 3.73's BFG M/T's

·
Registered
6,394 Posts

/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif Uh.....Markey....a UNIFIED IGNITION system means that the coil is part of the distributor. You won't be needin' that ol' rusty coil./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Say fellas, how would you be interested in a GM HEI conversion for the AMC V8???

I think that I have it all figured out now, I have one running now and so far it works GREAT!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Ranger,
Yes, yes and yes, lets hear it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Ohh yeah, send out the specs and all the info when you can. GM HEI without a DUI price??? I'd like that.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

I know it can be done. I was considering it before but if yo don't have a laith in your garage the cost of machining makes it just about the same either way.

Al
My web page

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.