Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need soom help folks have a 97 TJ and 3.07 gears 31 inch tires inline 6 and a 5 speed what gear should i go to 373 or 410? im about 70 % on road 30% off with no rock just mug and slippery stuff to clmb thanks

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If your going to swap out the gears go with the 3.73. You might want to look at getting a locker put in as well. It will make a huge difference. I wouldn't want to go with any more than 3.73 if you do drive alot on the road and have only 31" tires.

Florida mud-maniac:'97 Sahara TJ, lift, 2"suspension,maybe body later, Tomken rear bumper,trac-loc rear,free-flow exhaust, K&N filter,32x11.5 M/T's

·
Registered
112 Posts
I wouldn't spend the money if you only have 31" tires. I have 31" and just added lockers to my 95 YJ. It's a little sluggish in overdrive on the highway but otherwise fine. The offroad torque performance did not seem affected by that small of a tire jump from stock. It's been four years and I'm pleased. My only problem is ocasional ground clearence over obsticles. Some day I'll go to 33" tires and upgrade the axles and gears.

Good Luck.

MJ
95 YJ (aka Bumpy Jeep)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.