Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yall I have a question. I plan on changing the gears in my 94YJ from 3.07 to 3.73. I plan on putting an LSD in the rear (and possibly the front). I know I need a new carrier if I plan on doing a strait gear change but do I need a carrier with the LSD?
Thanks
Kiley
94YJ

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I know that most dana cases require a different carrier for the Factory track-lock (LSD). I am pretty sure that yours will need one also but not for sure since I don't know which diff you are running.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Any particular reason your gonna run LSD in the rear instead of a locker?? Just curious really. My thought would be to put in a lock-right or easy locker in the rear ($250). I think your right that your gonna need new carriers to go from 3.07s to 3.73s and the factory LSD (trac-lok) does have a different carrier than the standard open carrier. I have a jeep with a LSD rear and one thats locked front and rear, lockers work alot better than the LSD in most 4x4 terrains (except packed snow, ice, wet roads). Just a thought.
Shain

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The reason I want an LSD is that my jeep is a daily driver. I don't get to offroad as much as I would like. Plus it rains alot here in South Louisiana. I was thinking of going with a Detroit Trutrack in the rear. I have access to a shop and a mechanic who is a good friend and I was wondering what I would need to change the gears front and rear and put the truetrack in the rear.I know I will need a new carrier for the front I was just wondering if I would need one for the rear. Is there soomeoone (like drivetrain direct) who could answer my questions. Also the terrain down here is not that extreem except for mud. I run a few hills and thats about it.
Thanks
Kiley
94YJ

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. Just what I wanted to know./wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.