Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i took my carb off the other day and kinda nicked the gasket where the carb meets the engine and it has no air filter and when i start it up it will rev rite up. do u think its the air filter or gasket? if its the gasket what should i do?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Possibly 2 things in my opinion, 1. Your slow jet is clogged,or 2. The throttle cable is in the carb wrong. We had an XR80R with similiar symptems(sp?) in the shop a few weeks ago, the throttle cable was installed wrong where it went into the carb. Hope this helps. I would check that first.

Kyle
-------------
Honda Tech
-------------
'98 CR250R
Well equipped

'88 F-150 4X4 "The Beast"
Too many mods to list

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
with what you just said my first thought it the throttle cable...and or the idle screw is not adjusted correctly....
ya may have an air leak too....what have ya done to the carb and its surrounding areas recently???

AirBorn!!
The good Lord giveth and the Eco-Nazi's Taketh away!
United we stand..Divided we fall..LETS UNITE!

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
If the cable is routed wrong it can put pressure on the cable, causing it to put tension on the slides, causing them to lift slightly, causing it to rev higher...if ya turn the bars in one direction it may rev like a mad man...

Check for air leaks...sounds like an air leak...

AirBorn!!
The good Lord giveth and the Eco-Nazi's Taketh away!
United we stand..Divided we fall..LETS UNITE!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've had this happen too, and for me, i had put the slide in the carb wrong...unscrew the slide, and pull it all the way out. There's probably a slit in the side of the slide. And in the carb there is a piece of metal sticking out that's supposed to go into the slit of the slide. Make sure that they're lined up perfectly before you screw the slide back on, hope this helps! Post Back

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.