Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just baught a 95 yj. The only two times that i filled it up with gas, the nozzle never shut off and gas kept pumping and overflowing my tank and spilling on the ground. Is it a problem with the jeep or the gas nozzle?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had this problem on my old '95 when filling up at a Chevron station. They use a rather large, extended sleeve which did not provide an adequate seal, and failed to detect the pressure change when gas reached the bottom of the filer vent. Converting my "15" gallon tank to its true 20-gallon capacity relieved most of this problem.

E-mail me if you need to address this problem.

Hewgag

Right Wrongs Nobody

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Funny little story

I was jeepin down in Oregon (before I was old enough to get my own), and on the way back up to WA, we stoped at an Oregon station. The teenaged gas pumpee strolled out to us, asking what he could get us. My friend Dave, the guy who was driving, said "Ohh I'll pump it", but the pumpee insisted that he do it, so my friend stuck his head in the car and asked if I wanted some coffee, I of course said "yes", my friend then added "Watch the gas pump Peter, this is goning to be funny." I didn't know what Dave was talking about, so I did, and sure enough the gas pump poped out of the gas filler (technical term, lol...) spilling gas everywhere! The Gas pumper ran out, as soon as he noticed, and I was craking up. My friend Dave came out, acting all serious and pissed. They then gave us the gas for free, and more free coffee, THE END, lol... Well at least I thought it was funny...

Peter Lombardi
'89 YJ

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.