Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got some pics of the tank I yanked from under the jeepsters rear last month. It doesn't seem to be the original, but I could be wrong. The brackets and mounting are MUCH too good to have been done by the PO (idiot). What do you guys think?

Caver Dave
'68 Jeepster SW
225 & 3spd
Vintage Jeeps(ters) have Character,
new Jeeps just have payments.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
That's the original. I have one in better shape I can bring to the Jeepster Jam for swap meet. Or do you need it to get there?

John B.
Eastern Chapter Coordinator
Proud '72 "Bullnose" Driver
69,71 Commando Projects
50 Willys Jeepster

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah! I could use a tank....and a set of REAL axles, PS, discs, seats, new leafs, windshield assy., 20'x3"x3" box tube, 4'x8'x18ga. sheetmetal, new brake lines, hard top, front signals, 100' of color-coded wire, 4 rolls of fluxcore wire (to start with), 5gal. of assorted lubes, large fastner assortment, a tailgate, 5gals. of POR15 and oh,...$500 worth of "tune-up" parts. Other than that, it's ready to go (I do have a NEW battery, halogen headlights, and plugs!). The joys of starting with a "partster" (or is it a parkster?)! :-(
You'll all have to wait til next year to view the beauty/beast. BUT, I'm coming anyway, just to see everyone elses cool rigs.

Caver Dave
'68 Jeepster SW
225 & 3spd

Attachments

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
maby you should just tell us what you DON'T need!
p.s. are those ford h/c's?

toad
3-72' commando wagons
72' half-cab
01' f-250 4x4, super cab, longbed, V-10
artic cat 300 4x4
01' kawasaki KLX 300R
92' kawasaki X-2

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Dave,
Did you ever get your title?
You can restore that tank. I can't even remember the stuff to use right now but if you are going that route, let me know and I'll find what I used.
RQ

PROUD! member of the EASTERN CHAPTER!

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yep, Genuine Ford caps with the centers in the front "cut out" with BFH. I can make you a set if you'd like? ;^P

Still don't have a title, the PO assured me he WILL get by Va.DMV and send it out on Friday, June 1st. Guess he lost his calendar along with his integrity.
NC doesn't seem to have the "bond title" option mentioned in SilentBob's post, or does it? I hate to be dishonest about the whole thing , but I'm beginning to lean that way.

The inside of the tank looks great, just the outside needs help. I was thinking of some light media blasting and coating it with some industrial enamel, but let me know what you used incase I'm off on that.

Caver Dave
'68 Jeepster SW
225 & 3spd

G

·
Can anyone tell me how I can clean out the inside of my tank before putting the POR 15 coating inside? It has some dried varnish inside and some light rust.
Kevin
1970 Jeepster Commando

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
I had my new Aero hot tanked at the radiator shop after I removed it from the Jeepster so that I could weld on it.

Tom
69 Jeepster
89 Suburban 4wd
00 Expedition 4wd

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.