Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
6,355 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif Doug's got it figured out. You are actually penalizing yourself just in the numbers dept, not in reality. ALTHOUGH that gear ratio is nowheresville with that size rubber/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif.

CJDave

· Registered
6,355 Posts
Re: gas, gears, and guts

/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif Doug's (aka Papa Thermodyne)tale reminds me of my truckin' daze, when a 220 Cummins was considered really hot stuff. We always tried to gear for direct-direct for loaded cruise speed, and then have the over in the brownie for coming back empty. My '97 ZJ is intentionally geared so high that I cannot run overdrive unless everything is perfect, but oh, the fuel mileage!! When you put HUGE tires on your Jeep and don't change gears, THINK of the stress on the crankshaft! SHEESH!/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave

· Registered
6,355 Posts
Re: Jeep \"retail therapy\"

/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif Here's what you do..Swayse. Every time you get your wife into the Jeep, you take her someplace where she can go in a store. Over time, she will associate the Jeep with "retail therapy", and it will subconciously work on her psyche. EVERY TIME she sits in that Jeep it needs to be associated with some good stuff; HER good stuff, not yours. Like you drive her to the next county to some tourist-trap antique stores. Chicks love that kind of stuff./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.