Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Looks great. It is a lot like my cage, but a little nicer at the front hoop down tubes. I didnt have a bender, so just kept it as tight as I could with a straight run. I may rediesign it some day, to be more contoured like yours, but I have so many wires running through the tubes feeding the over head console, that I dont want to mess with it.
Are you gonna build an overhead console into it? I really like my overhead, it keeps everything up and out of the way, but very easily accessed.
Looks real good, I always say, that I think a cage in a Jeep is the best modification, a Jeep owner can ever install on his rig. It says you are getting seriouse, and you understand how rough this sport/lifestyle can potentialy be.

Jeff
89 YJ
Wow, you can get a nice tan on your arms, from welding with no shirt on.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jeff

Those nicely contured front tubes are just the stock ones from Smittybuilt. They came prebent like that!

Yes, i am going to order the overhead Tuffy console soon. Just got a CB and need a place to put it.

Where ya going to be in the last week of August? I am heading to San Diego for 10 days.

Thanks

Talk Soon

Boston Mangler
89 YJ With A Bunch Of Goodies
See It At:
http://www.yankeetoys.org/mangler/

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
I am moving to Sacramento this weekend,(unless another Corporate Command decision stalls me or diverts me again). I will probably have my girls for a month,in July and August, and I usually take a few weeks off and take them up to Oregon to camp and play with Kathy's family,(funnest dysfunctional family, I have ever been assymilated by).
Are you gonna have a chance to do any wheeling while your out in cal.? There are some good trails down there.

Jeff
89 YJ
Wow, you can get a nice tan on your arms, from welding with no shirt on.

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
Looks real nice. Any problems with it fitting into a YJ since it's meant for a CJ? I might look into it. Also, what did you do or are you going about connecting it to the windshield? I know MORE's kit has brackets. Any ideas on this?

Jeff - So you're coming to Oregon? What part? Maybe we could hook up for a day? Let me know.

/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gifEat, Sleep, JEEP/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif
"James and the Giant Jeep"
1993 Wrangler 4.0/5spd, Herculined Interior, D44 w/Detroits and 4.56 soon to go in SOA

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
>>>>>Any problems with it fitting into a YJ since it's meant for a CJ?
***** Did you read my write up at all?? The big kicker here is that it fits like it was made for a YJ and it fits better than the YJ cages

>>>>>Also, what did you do or are you going about connecting it to the windshield?
***** No need to connect it to the windshield

>>>>> I know MORE's kit has brackets. Any ideas on this?
***** It is unnessary IMHO

thanks

Boston Mangler
See It At:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
>>>>>I am moving to Sacramento this weekend,(unless another Corporate Command decision stalls me or diverts me again). I will probably have my girls for a month,in July and August, and I usually take a few weeks off and take them up to Oregon to camp and play with Kathy's family,(funnest dysfunctional family, I have ever been assymilated by).
***** Your putting your family before your Jeep?? LOL kidding!!! Hey whats wrong with dysfunctional familys??

>>>>>Are you gonna have a chance to do any wheeling while your out in cal.? There are some good trails down there.
***** I am trying but i wont have access to any rigs so i am hoping someone in SD lets me tag along on a run

thanks

talk soon

Boston Mangler
See It At:

·
Registered
3,932 Posts
Well me being the smart guy I am, I asked some questions, then checked out your writeup;) Sorry. So you don't think the windshield brackets are neccasary? CJ's get away without them, and YJ's are basically the same setup, right? I'll look into this. What kind of tubing do they use?

/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gifEat, Sleep, JEEP/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif
"James and the Giant Jeep"
1993 Wrangler 4.0/5spd, Herculined Interior, D44 w/Detroits and 4.56 soon to go in SOA

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
>>>>>So you don't think the windshield brackets are neccasary?
***** Not at all. That would prevent you from folding your WS down and also, i dont really know what the brackets would do, considering the WS frame is very weak (bent mine slightly last week just rubbing a tree)

>>>>>CJ's get away without them, and YJ's are basically the same setup, right? *****Yes

>>>>>What kind of tubing do they use?
***** 2" OD DOM Tubing, very nice stuff

I reccommend this kit!

Boston Mangler
See It At:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good Looking Cage!
I understand that the front hoop is a Smittybuilt part but does that include the spreader bars?

Can you take a close-up pic of the driverside tube showing the e-brake lever? I just want't to see how easy it was to use after the front hoop was installed.

I am looking to install a cage for my next project and I understand what you meant about how long it took you to find that newer Wrangler rollbar. I have been looking for some time. If you want to spend $600 bucks you can find one in a hurry.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
where did you get your bars? I check the smittybilt site and its says nothing and all of my cataloges are useless...they sell Kentrol...any good?

Jeep...need I say more?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts