Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All

Quick question . I am in the midst of restoring my 79 CJ5 . This guy in the local paper has a 84 CJ7(for parts) which has new brake lines( stainless steel) and fuel/return lines. Plus a new poly fuel tank . Now I know I should know this BUT /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif are the fuel lines similar ? I think the frames were the same length just the tub was longer on the 7 . Right ? I can get these new s/s lines and the plastic tank for CHEAP . I just wanted to know if they are interchangeable .
THANKS All

Jeff
1979 CJ5
/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif
O|||O

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
I am pretty sure a Cj7 frame is longer than a CJ5 frame.

but the brake lines/tank should be the same, the hard lines for fuel and fuel return will be about 10 inches too long for you though...

thats what I think, lets see what the experts say

OzarkJeep
77 CJ5, in a bunch of sanded and primered pieces

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To my best knowledge OzarkJeep has it right. The CJ7 frame is longer and the fuel lines will also be longer. I think that some of the brake lines are the same.

Tim Springer
1980 CJ7
WALSTIB/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
328 Posts
Yep. You'll have too much fuel line, but you can cut a section out and splice it with a piece of hose and 2 clamps.

Loose nut behind the wheel
Another right-wing conservative.....
Born and raised in Jeep-Town

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.