Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace the fuel filler hose and vent line on my CJ. It looks like the filler hose is about 1" inside diameter, the vent line around 11/16. My problem is no local parts stores have any fuel line this big. I assume this is hose for use only with fuel, and nothing else will work, anyone have any ideas on where to look or what to ask for? I would like to pick this up local and save the time a shipping charges from mail order. Thanks.

http://www.geocities.com/austnjpr/

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I thought it was just a small radiator hose? May be what you have to go with?

/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif Big Ed
'88 YJ, 4" susp,3" body,33's,283 Chevy V8,TH350,4.11's,D30,D35c

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
If you have the 15 gallon tank, 4WD Hardware has the hoses. Try a marine shop for bulk hose or a speed shop for bulk braided hose (obviously more expensive).

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif Nope.....you need to get over to a boat shop and find regular fuel hose./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave
I never believe any statistics unless my moonguys /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif made 'em up themselves.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What's wrong with using radiator hose? I used some regular 1" diameter hose on my CJ-7 about a year and a half ago. The one concern I had was that the gas would deteriorate the hose, but it still seems fine. Is there some other reason I should change it to a hose made for this? This seems like the best solution if you have a body lift.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just give it more time. The gas will slowly deteriorate that radiator hose and you will have nice little hose parts in your fuel.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have replaced mine twice , getting the hose from a rubber hose supply house in town. We happen to have two here and you can get it in the length you need. They had both sizes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.