Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a problem with the front wheel studs threads keep stripping out. I have had this problem since the day I brought this Samurai home. It has only happened on the front passenger side. I am using the chrome lugnuts with my ARE wheels. The thread pitch and size is correct. The only thing that I can think of is maybe the brake rotor got really hot to caused the studs to loose their thread strength?!?! Either that or I am tightening them too tight. It's just weird and I have never seen anything like this before.

Does anyone know where I can find these studs besides the $uzuki Dealer? I need an entire set and I have been looking high and low for a year and even the dealer said that they would have to $pecial order them. Does anyone know if a Tracker stud is close enough? I sent SuzukiJohn an email because he is about the only one I have found that sells them on the internet.

87' Samurai/1.6 Big Block/dual 40mm Mikunis/header/2" exhaust/5.5" SPOA/1" shackle lift/CJ-5/Sami springs/31" High-Tecs/roll cage, bumpers & pumpkin caps in progress...

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, they are 12x1.25mm. I have search the shelves of Autozone, Pep Boy's, Trak Auto, and even NAPA. Everyone lists them, but no one carries them and when they check the computer/books they show up as unavailable. I am about to start pulling them off parts Samurais at the junk yard if Suzuki John does not carry them. I think he had them listed a while back on eBay.

87' Samurai/1.6/40mm Mikunis/header/2" exhaust/5.5" SPOA/shackle lift/CJ-Sami springs/X-over steering/4" Pitman arm/31x13.50 TSL-SX/pumpkin caps/Roll cage and bumpers in progress...

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Has anyone had this problem before with one wheel? It only happens to the front passenger side.

Capn - This is depressing. It seems that everyone in the country has them except us! I have scouted everywhere for them and refuse to buy them from the $uzuki dealer for almost $7 each. I will check NAPA, Autozone, and Pep Boy's today... again! At least before I have someone go to their local auto store and ship them to me.

87' Samurai/1.6 Tracker/40mm Mikunis/header/2" exhaust/5.5" SPOA/shackle lift/CJ-Sami springs/Cross over steering/4" Pitman arm/31x13.50 TSL-SX/Pumpkin caps/Roll cage and bumpers in progress...

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I finally found some wheel studs. Autozone and Pep Bay's still say the are unavailable however NAPA special ordered them and will have them here today. An hour later Capn_Crunch showed up at my house and not only had five used studs that he pulled front a spare axle, but also a straight rust free tailgate! /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif Thanks Capn, I am going to still pick up the set at NAPA and keep them as spares.

87' Samurai/1.6 Tracker/40mm Mikunis/header/2" exhaust/5.5" SPOA/shackle lift/CJ-Sami springs/Cross over steering/4" Pitman arm/31x13.50 TSL-SX/Pumpkin caps/Roll cage and bumpers in progress...

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Damn it! This local $uzuki dealership should be brought up on price gouging charges! Everything I go there for they say that they have to be $pecial ordered from Japan because they do not stock parts for Samurais anymore. For five wheel studs they wanted a little over $30. I needed a temperature sending unit that mounts beneath the thermostat housing and they were going to charge me $48 for that! At this rate, it is cheaper to buy parts Samurais just for little odd and end parts. I needed a exhaust bolt that tightens the exhaust flange to the manifold and they charged $11.38 for it. That was without the spring! I went to all the regular places first and no one suports Samurais around here any more. You are lucky to see one Samurai a week while driving around.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.