Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that the rear spring shackle hangers on my CJ7 are welded to prevent unwrapping but not the fronts. Is there a reason for one welded and the other not? Will it hurt to run a bead across the fronts for security/ insurance? I don't do a lot of hard wheeling and don't really want to shell out $70 for slik-rocks. Thanks

'85 CJ7 Bone Stock, in pieces..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do it... there's my opinion.

/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif 78 CJ7 "Issues" /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya know, I have never noticed if mine were welded. I don't think they are, but I could be wrong. I would go look, but it's dark outside and I'm not that curious. Weld it up, man. It can only make it stronger....unless it makes it weaker! For real though, it sounds like a good idea to me.

Austin's Auto Accessories, LLC
5205 Gulf Breeze Parkway
Gulf Breeze, Florida 32561
Ph.# 850-916-7100

·
Registered
729 Posts
I've done just that. Mine kept breaking on the hole they drilled in this spring hanger to clear the frame rivet. I bought some new ones and welded a piece of stock over the hole all the way around, so also to the spring eye itself. Just make sure that if you do this, you use a piece of stock that just clears this hole and doesn't interfere with the powersteering bracket. Mine have never broken since.

Hooch

'83 CJ-7 258/TR/TF999/D300 in Land Rover Country

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.