Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
81 scrambler full soft and half hard tops. anyone have one installed..if i tie it into my factory roll bar i cant put my hard top on..any suggestions? does any one make the side bars removeable, i dont drive it in the winter so this may be a non issue soon, but im not sure if i want to sell the hard top yet...well see..

keepin' it real

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Go ahead and do it and just put a cj7 soft top on it.If I had a way to put a pic. of mine on here I would show you.I just made a shelf for the rear window to fasten to and whalla!!Long w/b cj7 with room for a cooler and 4 people!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello CJ8'ER
I'd be real interested in the Scrambler hardtop if you decide to sell it. I live in CT, so for a nice hardtop I'd take a trip to anywhere in NY, except the city LOL.
CTjeepnut

Funny thing is, the more I practice, the luckier I get

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've seen front cage set up inside the cab area with a front AND a rear 2" bar and nothing connected to the factory 3" bar. That way the guy could still use his hardtop and his soft tops.
Shain

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have one in my 81 scrambler. It is independent from the rollbar. My hardtop fits over it nicely and isn't too hard to remove. I really like it and it made it easy to mount an interior light and speakers overhead. I can't remember where I got it since it was fifteen years ago or so when it was installed but I'm sure one could be found or fabricated fairly easy.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I'm not at the install point yet, but here's what I'm doing with mine:
I took a late 80's CJ-7 rollbar and ground down the welds for the rear bars and removed them, leaving just the main hoop. I will have this hoop re-bent so that it runs parallel to the Scrambler hoop once it gets to the top of the bulkhead. Then just have a standard front hoop kit welded to it (obviously will have to shorten the side bars a few inches). I talked to one guy who tied his together with grade 8 bolts through the openings for the shoulder harnesses and into the shoulder harness bungs in the Scrambler rollbar.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
this is a picture of my wife's CJ-8 with a YJ windshield frame and "sport bars" i put in, they are bolted to the 3" scrambler roll bar and i take the bars out when we have the hardtop on. also i doubt this setup would do any good in a rollover, but it sure holds the bikini top nicely/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

here is a link to story about the swap: http://www.geocities.com/lorimaryrose/yjwindow.html

3/4tonYJ
My Jeep Page

1 - 7 of 7 Posts