Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a little off-roading yesterday with a few buddies and we really all had problems with getting hung up and having the front wheels just sit their and spin, so i want to put a locker up front, in the Dana 30, the question is, will i notice any driving problems when 4wheel drive ISN'T engaged? or will the locker do something? i do mostly street driving but today i got really stuck and a front locker would have easily got me out, what a good one to get that won't break the bank?
thanks

(\/)ikey
1988 Wrangler Laredo 4.2L w/5spd Manual
1995 Wrangler 2.5L w/ 5spd Manual-dixie horn

·
Registered
900 Posts
I have a lockright up front in a '93 wrangler. Don't notice a thing when in 2wd.....I suppose a little less mileage (like 1/2 mile per gallon or something). Off road it is unbelievable....I can go places I never could before. No downside that I can tell yet.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, if you put a locker (other then an ARB) in the front of your YJ, the front drive shaft
and the left side axle will always spin, which really isn't a problem other than move moving parts and wear and tear.\
? I know this may be out of line, but when you were off-roading...did you undo you sway bars? They will cause a lot of
unnessasary will spin!
hope this helps
my2

Rob
Yellow87fordyJ

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
won't cause a problem and you'll love the locker off-road. I have the ez locker in front 89YJ can't tell it is there in 2wd.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.