Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend and I checked out the system, and everything seems to be Ok. Just put new pads on (not the lifetime warranty ones :) but the front driver-side brake keeps freezing up on me. We're thinking that the caliper may need to be replaced, as something could be happening there.

Any suggestions? Thanks!!
Dan

"Where are we going, and what's with the handbasket?"

·
Registered
710 Posts
Get new calipers !Your new pads will thank you! :)

91 jeep cherokee 270000 kms deceased
93 jeep grand cherokee living 213000 kms

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would start with the calipers and if that don't do it, it will be the proportioner, that is what it was on my dads 82 chevy half ton, it did the same thing. Hope this helps mason

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks to you both. That's what I'm planning to do first thing tomorrow. Everything should be good to go then. I can't wait to get my rig going again! Been driving my wife's Honda Civic around in the meantime, and I feel like I'm driving a little toycar. ;P

D

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Ahh, habe you tried greasing the mechanism?? Gunk in the joint will cause these things.

'88 MJ SporTruck
365K on 2.5L (Energizer Bunny Package)

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Did you bleed the other three wheels to be sure that your left front brake isn't doing all the work? Plus you should probably replace the rubber brake hoses. They crap out from the inside out sometimes. Hows the pedal feel?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cool note, I'll check that out with my friend before we buy the new ones. (if we do.) The pedal felt normal even when the brake froze up. No sponginess or going all the way to the floor.

Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.