Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason the front end of my Jeep has started squealing pretty bad. Sometimes it will squeal when I am sitting at stoplight, but most of the time it is when I am turning or I have just started up the Jeep. It used to do it before but only when I was off-roading and was requiring the steering pump to work hard. I checked all the front belts and they seem pretty tight, anyone got any ideas??

absolutjeep

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif The little valve in the power steering system that prevents back flow may be trying to stick closed. That valve is in the discharge of the pump/reservoir combo./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Is the power steering pump full? Is it overfull? Is the water pump going bad, or the bearings in the PS pump, maybe resulting in a loose belt? Are the belts old? Just cause it's tight, don't mean it's good. If it's been squealing for a while, you may have glazed the belts, and they need to be replaced anyway, even if fairly new and tight.

Just my thoughts,
Good luck,
Pete

88YJ,4"susp,33"BFGMTs,9000#winch, hm swing out TC/HL mount ,258,999,4.10,weber32/36,GMHEI.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.