Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1,217 Posts
This month's "4 Wheel Drive and Sport Utility" had an interested article on Dana 300 Buildup. It mentioned that in order to be safe while flat towing your Jeep that us equipped with a Dana 300 transfer case, you must disconnect the driveshafts because, because lubrication won't circulate through the transfer case without the engine being on, and that the author had actually seen fires related to this (they had a solution for this which involved welding small "paddles" on the inside of the transfer case"). This is just an FYI & I probably said parts wrong 'cause I don't have the article in front of me, but it was interesting none the less, a fact I did not know. The rest of the article is very nice also, but would be better if I had about another zillion dollars to spend on my Jeep. /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif I really like that magazine though, even though it seems to be better suited for the west coast readers (GPS trails etc.)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.