Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
6,355 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif Despite the fact that FWD has been around longer that most of us on this BBS, it is still a very misunderstood mechanical system. Add to that the variety of transfer case/transmission combinations, and you have more misinformation and more confusion. Locking the front hubs would not turn anything that wasn't already turning as far as I know. UNLESS it was a full-time and if the front hubs were unlocked, it would definitely shred the center differential/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gifOne case which has that potential would be a LOW RANGE EQUIPPED Quadra-Trac, where the guy could neutral the low range unit, and flat tow. With front hubs unlocked, the rear drive could just turn the rear input side of the differential, and go out the other without turning the drive chain. In that case it would soon be smokesville for the center differential./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave
Quadra-Trac modified by the crack moonguy/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif transfer case team.

· Registered
6,355 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif Wouldn't it do the same slosh if the t-case was left in 2WD Hi Range and the main box was in neutral? Of course you would need an extra 75 HP just to TOW the Jeep/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gifOR.....how about over-filling the case with lubricant?....then drain it back when you got to Playsville/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave
Quadra-Trac modified by the crack moonguy/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif transfer case team.

· Registered
6,355 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif I'm definitely with TEX on the trailer thing. I have been working on a lightweight trailer design that we can haul our Quadra-Trac CJ on. This trailer is BRIEF! Tandem axles, but not much else there/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.