Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do y'all think of it? Yamaha already has the YZ250F and YZ426F in the 125 and 250 classe's respectivly, and Honda's new CR450F will be in the 250 class as well. What does everyone think of this?

Kyle

------------
Honda Tech
------------
'98 CR250R
Well equipped

'88 F-150 4X4 "The Beast"
Too mand mods to list

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I say have fun, you have to double the power of a four stroke to reach the power of a two stroke, so....I think it is more interesting, gives the two smokers a bit of a challenge i would say. The more the challenge, the more the excitement.

WARNING
The surgeon general has determined that motorcycle riding will cause: Swelling of the TESTICLES, shrinkage of the BRAIN, and severe trauma to the EGO.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well to tell you the truth I think the yzf 250 should be in the 250 class and the crf 450 should be in the 500 class. Nobody loves 4 stokers more then me but they were ment for pastures and trails. Thats were they should be 2 strokes were ment for the track and they don't belong on trails. The crf shouldn't be in the 250 class cause they have 200 more cc so that's not fair. That's just my opinion.

~*Red Rida*~

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In actuallity, the 426 is not all that. Nor is the 250F. They are snappy for four strokes, but in the classes that they are allowed in, there really hasn't been any noticeable advantage with either bike, the two-smokes are still kicking azz in both classes.

RoosteR
I love the smell of two-stroke in the morning.....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sounds like Cowboy is riding a 2 smoke and has a little fear of the 4 strokers

Ride hard, Lifes short

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
I dont know.... mabey they should start doing dead engine starts???

I WISH they brought back the 500 class....

You need a thneed
From Once-ler Industrys

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wish it was the way it used to be but as it appears to be going a 4-stroke dominated world soon.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Four strokes should have thier own class. There is to much of a difference in certain conditions for them to compete with eachother. Everyone is buying/switching to Fourstrokes cause they know that double the engines means better and more power ( = easier win) And besides i hate the "thunder" fourstroke sounds, nothing can compete with the sounds/smell of a 2stroke revving it up. However there are the enviromental issues, in that 4strokes dont give off much pollution.. ahhhhhhhh who cares.

Overall 4 Strokes should stay out of the 2 stroke class.
But then again thats just my opinion, what do i know.?.?....

Jeffro # 36

"See ya at the races"

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
pehaps they should allow 4 strokes in but they have to go by the 2 stroke displacement rules..so the yz250f would be going against the 250 2 strokes...then well see whos faster ahahaha

Large balls...the replacement for displacement/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif
-VVickedVVarrior-

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think it's funny when Fonseca(sp?) wrecks, or stalls and sits there for a couple minutes tryin to start it!

WARNING
The surgeon general has determined that motorcycle riding will cause: Swelling of the TESTICLES, shrinkage of the BRAIN, and severe trauma to the EGO.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ha, I'm not scared of 4-strokes. :) To each his own, I ride a 2-stroke, always have, others like 4-strokes, more power to them! The 426 wasn't doing to well, but the 250F was doing alright. Stalling is a major fear for the four-stroke riders, not for us 2-strokers though. lol As far as classing the bikes, the YZ250F would get destroyed in the 250 class. Just remember, a 4-stroke usually has to have over twice the displacement of a 2-stroke to get anywhere near the same power. Who knows what will happen, I'm sure 4-strokes are here to stay in SX and MX, but as for how they will do, its up in the air I think.

Kyle

------------
Honda Tech
------------
'98 CR250R
Well equipped

Too mand mods to list

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yes 'usualy' but look at teh motors out of an r6 or gsxr600 they make almost 110hp. exactly the same as an mxz600 or xc600(both 2 strokes considered realy fu(kin fast)

You wear your silver chain but the cross won't stop the lies,you believe in nothing
Kenton Thomas,Portal

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yea, I said usually. :) There are of course exceptions to that, which you have stated. But for the most part, that rule is correct.

Kyle

------------
Honda Tech
------------
'98 CR250R
Well equipped

Too mand mods to list

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
take into consideration that the mxz is a twin cylender and the street bikes are 4 cylenders...a twin cylender 600 would not be as powerful

Large balls...the replacement for displacement/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif
-VVickedVVarrior-

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There used to be a 4-stroke class and it was quite neat. You would see all sorts of bikes in the pits. Funky Suzuki DR-350s with RM250 frames. Honda XR250s stuffed into CR125 frames etc. Of course there were bikes like Husabergs, Husqvarnas, Maicos, KTMs which were great race bikes although a little pricey. But now with the YZFs everything has changed. Personally i think that Thumpers should meet the same displacement requirements as 2 strokes.

How does it feel to be beaten by a sewing machine?
HUSQVARNA WXC610

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
not nessesarily true 98

You wear your silver chain but the cross won't stop the lies,you believe in nothing
Kenton Thomas,Portal

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I think it would be fun and good for the sport if a 4-stroke class was to come back to sanctioned mx and sx. But for now they are mixed in with the 2-strokes, so its kind of interesting. I do wonder what kind of impact the CR450F will have, I'm itching to ride one when they arrive at work this september. But I do not believe that the 4-stroke motocross bikes will in any way down the 2-strokes.

Kyle

------------
Honda Tech
------------
'98 CR250R
Well equipped

Too mand mods to list

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I heard last week in Vegas the Honda 450f got the holeshot by 3 bike lenghts
then last weekend there was a kid on a KX 80 who raced in the 125 junior class and almost won (ended up 2nd), so that proves its up to the rider

Ride hard, Lifes short

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
KX80's kick ass man. The new ones (before the KX85) were too small though. Mine rips. It flipped my brother at 250 lbs.

Oleander is awesome!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts