Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found out why my 4wd isn\'t working.

havack said to lock my hubs while in 2hi and try spinning the front drive shaft, so I did as he said and nothing spun, so I thought my hubs and diff were okay, but today I locked them one at a time, and it's my right hub that's not working, I'm thinking of using warn premium's, is that a good replacement, and is it simple to install?

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Found out why my 4wd isn\'t working.

well havack, I must have some sort of locking or limited diff or whatever, cause when I lock just my left hub, nothing spins, but when I lock just the right one, everything spins

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Do you mean that u-joint looking deal right behind the tire? If so then yes I can see it spinning. okay let me recap on this so we can figure out what's wrong with it and not have any miss understandings. With the truck in 2hi and just my left hub locked, I can't spin my front drive shaft. But with just my right hub locked, I can spin my front drive shaft and see the knuckle's turning near the tires. Do you think it's the right hub that's causing my 4wd problems? I'm hoping it's that and nothing major because I don't have much money to spend at the moment.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Alrighty then, thanks alot for the help Havack, I'll go ahead and replace both my hubs with a set of warn premiums within the next month or two.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.