Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah, this is a man's truck for sure! It must run on pure testoterone!

Its a 60/40 split bench seat. Under the passenger's side is a huge tool box.

Interior shots- clean and pretty!

I, uh, liked the fuse blocks /wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

The owner came out while I was snapping pictures and asked me if I was interested. He said there is $4000 worth of tires and rims (the tires are 40x15x15 Ground Hawgz) and a few thousand more in the rest of it. He has to sell it to help pay for his back sugery (I guess this truck rides rough!) I looked at the drivetrain and immediately identified the tranny as a TF-727. The engine I didn't recognize, but he said it was a 500-sumpthin International mill /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif He turned the key and it fired up quickly; sounded great through dual Cherry Bombs. I didn't get a good look at the x-case either but I bet its a brute! The only thing that worried me were the axles. The rear looked like a D44 to me, and the front looked like maybe a D30.... He said it "hooks up real good and will pull anybody out that ya snatch a strap to..."

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He just said he'd cut me a hell of a deal on it, but he's got $4000 into the tires and a couple grand on other stuff.

He might take $5-6k for it. You bet I wish I could afford it! Its in Palmetto, FL if anyone is interested. I told him I'd put it up on the 'net for him, but I dont have any contact information. Maybe you have to call the restaurant behind it (a good Southern eatery if ever there was one) to get ahold of him?

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Sycho15,
there is a dodge like that for sale in Naples for about $4500. I wish I had the funds. Tey are just burly vehicles.

Dan Stewart 1963 CJ5 "Caloosa Jeepers" member

·
Registered
13,432 Posts
That would look mighty fine in my driveway... Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.... just dreaming. For some odd reason the kids still want to eat. Their mantra: "Gimmie This, Gimmie That... NOW NOW NOW!" Oh well, thier worth it.

G

·
That thing is /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gifAWESOME/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif!!! I have been wanting an M-37 for a long time. Too bad it is in Florida. There is an unrestored local one that I am going to ask about here in the next couple of weeks. Hopefully they will just want it gone, and give me a great deal/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif. I also just found a place that sells M-151's,gonna have to see how much $$. So many vehicles, and so little money and time/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif. I would disclose locations, but that could lessen my chances of obtaining the aformentioned vehicles/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif.

Cage Up, Wheels Down
Jeepfiend
All my Jeeps are in pieces!

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
M-37's are about the cooooolest trucks ever made! I'd take one of those over a M-715 (sorry Jeep purist dudes/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif) but I've always been a MoPar Man and those are just the toughest pickups I've ever seen.

Mike H.
1983 CJ-7 Laredo, Almost ready for paint.

G

·
we have about 5 m-37s for sale out where i work. its a place called vintage millitary. its in ft collins colorado. we have lots of rare gpw parts and about a dozen wwii jeeps. from 42-45. here is the website. i dont know how to make it click able.
www.webaccess.net/~ferrie check it out.

80 cj7 304, WC t-5

G

·
Very cool, but be careful of this guy. New, those tires & rims are at best $1,500, and nobody pays full retail for used tires. I sold a full set of 38X12.50 TSL's on rims (cheapies) for $500 a couple years ago & they'd never been on pavement even once. A 500-something International? This guy's blowing a lot of smoke, don't inhale any of it.

TEX

http://sites.netscape.net/gumboracing

·
Registered
747 Posts
Back in the olden days Cornbinder used a few size large Continental I6 and V8 gaspots in some of their big trucks. If memory serves me correctly, one of the I6's was a 470+ CID monster and at least one of the V8's came in at well over 500 CID.

I believe these engines were undersquare and developed massive amounts of low end torque. They were later converted to the multi-fuel engines used by the Army.

Anyone for a 1790 inch twin-turbo air-cooled V12 gaspot ... You can buy them surplus

Rockcrusher
Nevada ORU
http://www.rockcrusher4x4.com

G

·
If your observations are correct. I would say he put the M-37 body on a 71-73 scoutII frame. As far a a 500 inch motor. IH made plenty of those and it might fit between the framerails, but would be so heavy it would snap anything but a Dana 70. The 392 motor weighs in at 750 pounds and that's probably what's in there. Looks pretty cool though. Wish I had it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.