Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i thought my engine vac was 6" but apparently that was just because the A/C controls line i tapped into has a problem. it's the one that has a T.. one line goes to the T from the manifold, then one goes out to the A/C controls, but then there's another one that goes to a little box on the side of the evap (?) housing. i believe it's the controller for the floor/vent-defroster but i'm not sure... what is that thing? it wont hold vacuum at all so i just plugged its line til i replace it, but i cant even really see how to do that. engine vac is 21" at idle and 25 at 3k, so that looks good, but this was at idle so i dont know if the EGR or thermactor solenoids were kicked in yet... i KNOW their lines are all FUBAR. i was thinking about vac leaks and what-not.... does a vac leak cause the engine to run lean? it seems like it would sorta bypass the butterflies and give it more air than it needs, but is that really the case? those lines arent very big though so it doesnt seem like it would be too noticable. my friend just got a 93 f150 and you can hear his vacuum bleed off when he turns the engine off... i want mine to do that again like it used to

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yep, that's what i'm talking about.... what does it do? my vent/defrost selector now works... but if that thing doesnt control the floor door then i bet it works now too

·
Registered
975 Posts
it's a vacuum resevoir. It just stores the vacuum so all the accessories will function normally under conditions where there is little vacuum, like hard accelleration.

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
isnt that what the coffee can is for? so it's just a box with a fitting on it, that simple? i noticed some sealant around it where it connects to the evap housing, could it be leaking there or is it fully internally sealed. i'll pull it off tomorrow and see where it's leaking... and cut it open if it has any kinda neat gizmos inside of it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts