Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend has a Ford Bronco w/stock axles and he would like to upgrade to full size ford truck axles. His has coil springs up front and we are wondering if a full size w/coils will bolt right up. Where could we find information on the swap. Sorry for posting this here but the ford page is not nearly as popular.

Thanks

Richard

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Richard

I believe there is a company called James Duff. All he does is build Broncos.
I would give them a call. You can find yheir number in about any 4-whell mag.
I hope this helps.

'78 CJ7 304, rust, inspected!/wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Early Bronco or later model? The '78 and later use full size 1/2 ton axles. The early Broncos use the same axles as a 1/2 ton, but I believe they are narrower. The rear would be easy enough on an EB, but the way the front suspension mounts to the axle could make the front more difficult.

"My other car is a BULLDOZER"

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
IMHO : I'd swap a full width 79 - 81 ford 9" in the rear, and any solid axle dana 44 74-79 f-150 and it should all bolt up. The fords are weird because they run a reverse cut r&p in the front (the way your SUPPOSED to do it) so I'd only go ford. A disk brake conversion is simple on the 44, and easy if you can find a '79 lincon mark V rear end (not so easy)
the only fabrication will be in springs. For simplicity I'd just run leaf springs, its going to be much simpler, and articulate and be more durable, plus then you don't have to worry about raidus arms, and could get an easy cheap lift out of it at the same time.

Depending on measurements, I have some ideas if you want on how to easily attach the springs.

Florida Mud CJ-5
'77 RB304, t-150 D20 4" 35" swampers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.