Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a ford 8.8 inch axle from an explorer with disc brakes for 750 dollars. is this a good deal? they will give me 300 dollars if i trade in my dana 35 rear axle non c-clip style. it has 4.11 gears and new posi unit. Is this a good deal and will the ford 8.8 hold up to a chevy 350 with 4.11 gears. do the ARB air lockers fit and work well in the 8.8. I've heard this will fit easy in the wrangler without shortening it and the lugs will match. ?????
[email protected]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
the 8.8 is a good diff. it will handle most v8s with no problem. this axle was used in f150s as well since 85. so parts will be plentiful.

dan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes the 8.8 can hold up to V8 power, but like all things it can be broke. An ARB is made for the axle, and the length is within a inch. There's a better range of gears available, and they all use the same carrier. Personally I'd go for it, especially with them taking the D35 off your hands for a decent price (so you don't have to hassle with selling it).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.