Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
i like your bumper idea, but im wondering where your gonna put the highlift on the frotn r rear of the truck to lift up one side. i know youll badly tweak/bend the rear a few inches up, but im not shure on the fornt, its hard to tell how much you really took off, and if he sides are connected through the winch mount for support.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The winch mount is still coming Burned, and yep, there will be cutting invoved with that one as well, on the top of the bumper, in between the grille guard, as I will be putting the steel mounting plate from frame rail to frame rail.

On the hi lift, the rear is a bit o problem right now. The only place to lift is anywhere on the bumper from framerail to framerail. Outside that and you will tweak the bumper pretty good. So, you have to open up the tire mount to jack the back. I have a reinforcing fix that I will get to soon and will then be able to jack anywhere on the bumper. NOTE to everyone, it is kinda a moot point right now anyway, because the 48" hi lift is just barely enough if I were jacking on the outsides of the bumpers. It just doesn't have enough height. Get a 60" if you can if you have 4" or more of lift.

On the front, the place to use the hi lift is just outside the framerail on each side. I cut the bumper, but all along there is a 1/4" thick steel plate that the jack can push against, it won't be bending as it bolts right to the frame. I can also put it just inside the tow hook/folding step. This places it under the frame horn and is of course lower to the ground. Just would not want to place the jack on the way outside of the bumper by the tire.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
In reply to:

On the front, the place to use the hi lift is just outside the framerail on each side. I cut the bumper, but all along there is a 1/4" thick steel plate that the jack can push against
but, how are you gonna fasten the winch mount? i cut that plate off so the inch mount could fit between the rails. you could go to the older style attachements on the outside of the frame to hold the bumper up.
im just not really picturing how you gonna make the winch mount go up there without removing the bumper brackets(the angle iron welded on the front of the frame.) they are really in the way for where the winch sits. if you cut them off, then im wondering how your gonna attach the bumper to the frame.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I need a pic, but those bumper mounts are in the way a little, but nothing a little curtting at the top won't fix. On the winch mount, I had better just do it and snap pics of it, then you will be able to see how mine is done.

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RepT- It does look that way a bit. The remaining bumper in the middle, the lower part, now looks like it is one of those front skidplates from a distance.

Spade-Ran out of batteries, soon as I get some will get a shot to you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts