Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a fix to keep the the top of hard doors from fluttering? I've replaced the seals and that helped alittle but now they squeal instead of just leting in water and cold air ,also i'm getting some cracks below the forward window channel is this related?

RPM/cj7

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bend the shi* out of them! /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

Sorry, no ideas... without having extra braces welded on... I'm having problems with my door, too! I guess its getting cold...

Jon-YJ94
I6, 3.5" Black Diamond, MORE, & more
still working!

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
the hard doors all crack right where you stated.. i welded mine up once and it lasted about a year...my doors are over 20 years old, cracked(inside and out now), but still do not flutter.....check the hinge alignment

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
My hard doors were cracked on the inside, right below the vent window too, when I bought my jeep 6 years ago. The cracks haven't moved since. A friend of mine with a 94 YJ had to have his driver's door welded at the rear where the main door meets the metal part that goes around the window. I have a hard top, and I think that helps support the door top. If you have hard doors and a soft top, I think it lets the door flex more, and leads to broken welds in that area, or maybe more cracking. He had a soft top and hard doors when he bought the jeep. I guess not really any help to you, just my experiences.

Good luck
Pete

88YJ, 4"susp, 33"BFGMT, 9k#winch, rear homemade swingout, reb.258, 999, 4.10, weber32/36, GMHEI.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.