Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do you guys get these things? I saw them on a Jeep the other day and I want them bad. The cheap versions at part stores are ok, but these LED's were incredibly bright even during the day.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any place that sells semi-truck accessories will have them. Grote and Truck-Lite both make a nice light. I have never checked at a regular auto-parts store for this type of light, but I would bet that they can order them. Your best bet is still a truck parts place. When I was designing semi-truck trailers, we used both the Grote and the Truck-Lite products and both are well built. If you get a set, get the security rings to hold them in. They are a real popular item to steal in some places, and if they are only held in by the rubber grommet, they are really easy to pop out. You can lose a hundred dollars worth of lights in short order. I just thought of something, most semi's are 24V, so your lights may not be quite as bright on a 12V system. I think you can specify whether they are 24 or 12 volt, but not sure. I never used the lights in a 12 volt application.

Cage Up, Wheels Down
Jeepfiend
All my Jeeps are in pieces!

·
Registered
425 Posts
I got the part numbers from Grote (grote.com), and I ordered them through Westfleet.com. You must be a vendor to purchase through Grote, if you call them they can give you a local distributor.

'84 CJ-7, 4.2, 3.5" Lift, 31's, YJ tub, TR upgrade, Moser 1 piece, LED's.

·
Registered
650 Posts
DO they make white leds yet? I have 2 combo stop/turn and one clear/white for a back-up light. I would like to switch to LED's as well, but I can't find a LED replacement for the white. I'm afraid it would look silly if I dont change 'em all.
Bob in Ma

1 - 5 of 5 Posts