Off Roading Forums banner

flex fan under water?

784 views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  CJDave 
G
#1 ·
Hey,

How wrong would it be if you use a flex fan and in water. Would it destroy the fan? Why shouldnt I get one?

1997 TJ w/ 33's & 1984 CJ7 w/35's
http://members.aol.com/a4x4jeeper/

#2 ·
/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif NO PROBLEM!!!! It will only suck itself into the radiator and re-arrange the radiator core just a tad....other than that, it's no problem. Personally, I think they are a horsepower hog when they need to be idling, so I like the clutch fans m'self./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif Or better yet, for water, use an electric fan you can switch off./wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

CJDave
I never believe any statistics unless I've made 'em up myself.

#4 ·
Get the 17" 8 blade stainless flex fan(you can even get anodized blades in colors) and hang it on the wall of your garage.It does the best job it can do right there......just lookin cool/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif
Both posts above are right on the money!!!!!!!

85'CJ7 258 4" runnin33's

#5 ·
There's not a lot of sense in hanging that flex fan on the garage wall unless you put a clock movement
into it too. It might as well be useful for something.

#6 ·
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif You know, there is A LOT of stuff that would make a better clock than it's original intended use. we used to kid about the Mickey Mouse Manufacturing Co. making all sorts of stuff because you always heard people say "This Mickey Mouse this...or this Mickey Mouse that." Heh heh../wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

CJDave

#7 ·
The only place I've ever heard of flex fans being spoken of favorably is the RV crowd. A lot of RVers swear by them. Just don't see it myself, though.

BTW, HAPPY NEW YEAR, guys!! /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

#8 ·
/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif Well, Jim....did you like your New Year's Eve with ear protection babysitting those diesels? Heh heh./wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

CJDave

#9 ·
Yes, Dave. When the date turned over, I was in my silent ear protection world beside the generators, which we pre started to be on the safe side. Y2K turned out to be a big bust. We didn't even suffer a burned out lightbulb. Hope your New Year's Eve was a bit more fun. /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

PS I like the way you cover your bases about statistics /wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

#10 ·
/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif At home in the snowless Sierra, listening to the ski resorts going bankrupt. It is a sort of tiny crackling sound....like a potato chip bag./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif

CJDave

#11 ·
What else did you expect Y2K to be but a big sales pitch? If a greeting card company can invent
Mother's Day and people can be gouged by rumors of oil, paper, sugar, and coffee shortages, why not?
Art Linkletter was right!

#12 ·
/wwwthreads_images/icons/tongue.gif Boy, have you got THAT right. It wasn't even the end of the actual millenium so they can sell THAT all over again when it ends at midnight 12-31-00. What really worries me is that media has been bought and sold over and over such that it is in the hands of very few bosses when you get right down to it. In that case, it is easy for them to mold and shape public opinion, since public opinion is usually THEIR opinion. Like I know several democrats who think Newt Gingrich is just about as bad as Hitler. "OH." I ask, "Why IS that?" they have NO IDEA....they just heard it from the media. Afew years ago they interviewed 200 of the top environmental scientists about global warming. One question was: "Where do you get your information?" "From the media." was the most frequent reply. If THAT doesn't worry you, then you need to wake up./wwwthreads_images/icons/crazy.gif I guess this doesn't have much to do with electric fans, huh?/wwwthreads_images/icons/wink.gif

CJDave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.