Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered SS brake hoses about a month ago and I'm getting sick of waiting for them. I want to just go over to a local shop here in town and have them made. They probably won't be stainless but they'll be a hell of a lot cheaper than the ones I ordered. The only things that I need to figure out are the lengths and anything else that I can find out about the fittings. I have the front hoses but some how I discarded the rear hose so I don't know what length it is. Does anyone know what the stock lengths are and some fitting info? Does anyone know if for a 4 inch lift I should just add on 4 inches to the stock length (hell it makes sence). Does anyone have the lengths and fitting info for the extended lines?

Thanks!
Seth

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
Since the CJ-7's brakes changed 3 times throught it's tenure, can you narrow down the year for us?

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 5" Calmini, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!

G

·
I think he has an 86. Just guessing by the name Seth867.

Austin's Auto Accessories, LLC
5205 Gulf Breeze Parkway
Gulf Breeze, Florida 32561
Ph.# 850-916-7100

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Crap I'm sorry guys. It is a 1985 cj-7. I didn't even think about that. Thanks for reminding me.

Seth

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
I don't know about the front as I have an '81 and the brakes changed to the "newer" style in '82. Actually, my axles are from a '78 Scout now, but I found the lines when I had the jeep axles on it.

The rear line stayed the same, and the part number you want is NAPA #36537. The stock line is 17" long, and the new line is 24 5/16" long, and it'll bolt right on. I don't have a clue as to what it goes to, my brother-in-law and I spent hours pouring over NAPA's catalogs looking for lengths and ends.

JEEPN
Winter Harbor, Maine
'81 CJ-8 Scrambled, It's a Jeep, Chevy, IHC kinda thing!
'88.5 Zuki, 5" Calmini, Locked, Swamped, Rolled, and just generally broken in right!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts