Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seem some brake lights that attach to the back of vehicles while in tow and then connect to the trailer harness of the towing vehicle. I was wondering if anyone knows of a store that seels these things. I need them for this weekend. I am towing my Cj7 to the badlands :). Any help would be appreciated.

Jesse

·
Registered
872 Posts
They have them at Wal-Mart here. Also seen them at a U-Haul shop when I
lived in So-Cal.

C-Ya.....................kh

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Once again, I'll make a magazine referral...the Jan 2000 issue of 4 wheel and off road has a great wiring diagram of how to wire your stock lights into a trailer harness so you can flat tow. It seems to me that this would be a much "cleaner" way of doing it...although it would take more work, the end result would be far nicer than having a wire all the way to the back of the jeep and having extra lights tacked on.

Measure once, cut twice...or is that the other way around?

·
Registered
6,394 Posts
/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif I'm with FARMJEEP on this one.....forget those stick-on lamps and get a pair of nice five-pole Bergs....one for the front of the Jeep and one for the tow car. Make a male-to-male short cord...plug into the Jeep grille; or other such flat mounting for the female Berg; plug into the tow car....then wire into the lines which go to the rear of the Jeep,....providing a disconnect from the Jeep line to the Jeep turnsignal switch....then pick up the taillights and a nice ground and you got it. This time it takes you some work....next time and the sixty-dozen times after that, it's all done./wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif AND....your towed Jeep will be a blaze of lights /wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.giffor all to see when you are coming home late from wheelin'./wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif

CJDave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.