Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody, thanks for letting me join here, I just bought a 1965 IH Scout this weekend with the 152 4 banger and I have not been able to get it running, it does have spark and is getting gas, it does pop at times so I want to do a tune up, but was looking to see if anybody here knew the firing order and points and plug gap?

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks, CJ

· Registered
421 Posts
welcome to the boards. I have found that many times google is your friend. in this case the third hit (searched "tune up specs 1965 scout 152") is the charm. Lost of info you may want to save for later also.

http://users.telenet.be/jokkespage/doc/scouteng.pdf

You have confirmed that it's getting gas, however that does not mean that it's getting the right amount. An old carb (assuming you bought it non-running) may need a good old cleaning and rebuild.

Have you checked the cyl compression?

Start with checking your firing order. you won't be able to set timing precisely until it is running. go ahead and replace points and condenser and adjust. set your dist so that the points just open at top dead center for cyl no one. if it won't fire up, either pour a little gas down the carb or a spray or starting fluid. give it another try.

be patient. you'll get it. learning takes a while, but it's worth it!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.