Off Roading Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After one 77 cj5 and one 85 cj7 I am now the owner of a 73 "bullnose" The purchase has been made and my curiosity is bubbling over. I hope to make it to Clinton TN this Sat. but can't decide to bring the commando or not. Those of you who have been in the past, are their many stock jeepeters and commandos at the swap meet? I would like to bring it in order to trade and learn about my new buy. Or, will I be better off coming solo since it is my first time? Anyone have some advice for the first timer!

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Definitely bring it if you can. I am driving mine up from Hickory with some guys from Charlotte and Winston Salem bringing theirs. Nothing will help you decide what to do with yours more than seeing others. There will be all kinds in attendance. (And you would be helping with the Bullnose count.)

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
definately bring the new ride and welcome to the family. I suggest coming up on Friday so you could do the easy ride on Sat. morning.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome! I just bought this commando last week and it is in need of work. It has been sitting for 4 plus years with no protection from weather. After a little cleaning and adjustments it runs and drives well! Exhaust has a leak, and the body has rust in the rear and under passenger door. Honestly, I think it is in great shape considering its resent past. I hope I can meet some veterans of the jeepster and commando and get my 73 back to where it use to be.

G

·
Last year in Clayton Ga at the first ever Eastern Jam, the ratio of trail Jeepster/Commando to well kept mostly road driven J/C was about 75% road driven.You'll get to see some pristine convertables next to a rust bucket trail rig.The jeepster commando brought an elegance to 4wd vehicles.Alot of the yakking on this board about the Jam is from a small minority of Hardcore trail riders.They scare me.I think this year I"ll hang with the convertable crowd and drink lemonade cause mine won't run anyway.

·
Registered
1,988 Posts
Welcome! Gotta love that screen name!

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
Drayson,
You are so full of s#!!, uh crap!
The biggest POC belonged to Patrick, the mild mannered school teacher. He was selling parts off of his ride!
Now he has the Toadworks combo going for him and is hitting the hard ride this year!
Bring it Shelby, NC!
Drayson will still hit the skids with us hardliners!
I'll bet you'll drink lemonade, Mike's hard lemonade and you'll have the second head growing out of your shoulder (see the commercial).
Drayson, part of the wine and cheese crowd, what's this world coming too?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Apparently you guys like to keep things alive! I am glad to see I have been noticed, we will just have to see who is telling the truth this weekend! Looking forward to it.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Definitely bring it. One more "Bullnose" and it will be the Commando Collection / Jeepster Jam. I have both, but only the "Bullnose" runs and it's a stocker. Lots of Kaisers better show up or they'll be outnumbered badly.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
bullnoses rule. love the screen name. you jeepster guys are going to be so out numbered.

·
Registered
5,512 Posts
Way to go bullnoser! It's great to have another Commando beautifing our state
. Hope you (& the Jeep) can make it to TN. It's sure to be an excellent time and something to remember for a long time.

Wait a minute Drayson, your worrying me with this. You already did the "hang with the convertable crowd and drink lemonade cause mine won't run anyway" thing LAST year! Maybe spending a little time with the "hardcore" folks will do us both good as they scare me too (well, just Richard with those flip-flops
)! And Mossy's sure to win ANY "rust bucket" award given.

·
Registered
236 Posts
uglyjeep, yeah, i've been to a couple of the local trails, but the first time i had my jeepster out on one of them, i lost my brakes and wrecked it. a tree on the side of the trail became the emergency brake.it happened back in mayyou may remember a couple of posts about it. that's why i haven't posting much lately, but i'm always reading. i would love to meet and wheel sometime, my friends here wheel almost every saturday or sunday. maybe i'll get a hold of you sometime and i can ride with you since it's almost impossible to find an empty seat with them sometimes. anyway, good luck with your clutch, and have a blast at the jam, i'm sure jealous of all you guys!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Oh you proud proud mis-guided Scout wanna-be's. The best thing for a Bull nose is a CJ front clip conversion. We Kaiser folks may be out numbered, but at least we have weaker brakes and running gear......oh wait, uhm, at least we, uh, er, okay, you got a point, but I still love my '67 (now that it will have non-'67 parts
)
Welcome Bullnoser from the Kaiser Commission
Michael

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Michael..
I have heard the bronco wanta-b, but the Scout wanna-b is a new one for me. I have to say you have guts to responed so honestly by admitting the Kiaser is weaker! Just kidding! Thanks for the welcome. I have enjoyed talking to fellow jeepster and commando owners. I am in the process of deciding what to do first to my 73. I think the first will be the suspension, because the running gear is fine for now.
Bullnoser

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.