Off Roading Forums banner

First Four Wheeler

1181 Views 1 Reply 0 Participants Last post by  **DONOTDELETE**
G
I am looking to buy my first four wheeler. I'd like a 2-wheel drive sport model over a work horse. I saw a 1987 Honda 250x and a 1992 Honda 250X w/ nerfbars, new tires, Renthal bars, & K&N filter. Both for $3,200. Forgive the ignorance, but what is a nerfbar and a renthal bar? The new tires I can figure out.
Does this sound like a good deal? Any help on this, or other "rookie" tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G
I ride a 1987 honda 250x. It is a great bike. The price sounds a little high though even with the mods to it if it is just for one. You can get a brand new 300 ex for just over 4 thousand. Nerf bars are bars that are bent into a rectangle with webbing in the middle of the rectangle. These nerf bars go under the pegs, so that if your foot falls off the peg it lands in the webbing. Those go for about $200-$300.I'm not a big fan of renthal bars but those are about $80, and the filter on there goes for about $20.Also in regards to price you said $3200. if that's each than I feel it's high but if it's for the pair then it's about right.
Good Luck!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.